Other things by Roy Clarke

Ess

Dedicated Member
We were watching 'A Foreign Field' last evening. One of Mr Clarkes better efforts (they are all good, but this is very good) a film made for the BBC. The cast list is impressive. Alex Guiness, Leo MacKern, Jeanne Moreau, Lauren Bacall and Geraldine Chaplin. A mixed group of people meet up at the site of the Normandy Landings to visit the war graves for various reasons. There is a lot of humour in it, but it is also sad. I recomend it to you.

We were watching 'A Foreign Field' last evening. One of Mr Clarkes better efforts (they are all good, but this is very good) a film made for the BBC. The cast list is impressive. Alex Guiness, Leo MacKern, Jeanne Moreau, Lauren Bacall and Geraldine Chaplin. A mixed group of people meet up at the site of the Normandy Landings to visit the war graves for various reasons. There is a lot of humour in it, but it is also sad. I recomend it to you.

Quite right! A mere £7.39 from Amazon. Brilliant film.

One overlooked Roy Clarke programme is a one off programme called The Chemist which starred David Jason. It was made around 1989 or 1990.

David Jason was the only actor in it, and it was a monologue.

Open All Hours is a classic of Roy as I'm sure we all know. Loved Arkwright's stuttering, caused some of the classic moments of OAL. Sometimes his stuttering prevents him from catching up with fast customers. "Hey, wait a minute! You haven't paid for the b-b-b-bra-a-d-docks b-bulldog-bulldog b-b-brand! B-b-b-b. Oh, forgot it, you can keep it!"

Also I liked Keeping Up Appearances and still do. I am the second highest posting member with 1602 posts of the KUA Fan Club and Forum. http://www.keepingupappearancesfanclub.com/forum

Back