Okay to brag a bit???

WesleyRocks

Dedicated Member
Ok, So being that we are a family here, I thought I would brag a bit.... 8)
My son is the new President of the elementary school he goes to. Really cool!!! Unfortunately at this moment, he has the flu, which really stinks since we got him a flu shot in August???
But, how cool!!! I think the coolest part was working with him on all of posters that we made, the two of us throwing ideas back and forth. I know at some point in life he will be out on his own and won't need dear ol' dad's input anymore, so I'm enjoying this while it lasts.
We have a 4 letter word in our family that is worse than any other...... CAN'T
I hate that word and my kids know it. I always tell them to shoot for the starts and if they fail, you still had a cool time trying.
Anyways, I hope it doesn't go to his head, I'll have to hire staffers to keep him in sugary drinks and candy ;D

Thought I'd share.

That is great! He's a born leader! Don't feel bad about bragging; I had just bragged on my college girl earlier last week. It really is hard not to. ;) ;D

That is great! He's a born leader! Don't feel bad about bragging; I had just bragged on my college girl earlier last week. It really is hard not to. ;) ;D
Yes, Ireland right? I watch Rick Steves' on PBS and he did a great Ireland tour. Beautiful scenery. That is where I envy others... ;D. I would love to see the world. Are you going to be able to make a trip over while she is there?

No I wont be able to visit. :( I am living my life through her. ;D. She originally was wanting to go to South Africa but this opportunity came instead. She was not disappointed. She wants to see the castles and visit the UK. in her spare time. I pushed both my girls to do their best in school. I lost a good paying job a year after my divorce and never recovered financially so at 51 I am going back to college. Seeing the difficulties I have been through has been a good lesson for them. What we parents wont do for our kids eh?
;D

Well done to both you parents, I've always told mine to just go for it if they fail what's the worse that can happen? Its better than sitting there in 10 years thinking I wash I had.

And its fine to drag if you can't brag about your kids what can you brag about.

Also do enjoy every moment you can because all to soon they won't want to know you again until they have moved out and need some decorating done or babysitting. ;D ;D

I've always told my kids that they can go for it if they wish. Well they did and sometimes it came off, sometimes it didn't. We were there for them and picked up the pieces when needed . When it boils down ,what we all want for them is to be happy. We couldn't give them much in the way of financial help but there was love aplenty and I'd like to think they have appreciated that. Sure we grumbled at times(still do) but all in all I think it worked. ;) ;D

You're right Dick. My daughter's bought me a wall plaque which said in condensed form that despite all the noise and mistakes their was love. I felt like that truly was my biggest accomplishment was them feeling loved and vice versa among all the hardships.

Susan yourright too. I know that my presence someday will only be required when they need something. I was the same way. I remember thinking when I was 25 years old that my mom was actually pretty smart and could actually be right sometimes. Ha ha
;D

You're right Dick. My daughter's bought me a wall plaque which said in condensed form that despite all the noise and mistakes their was love. I felt like that truly was my biggest accomplishment was them feeling loved and vice versa among all the hardships.

Susan yourright too. I know that my presence someday will only be required when they need something. I was the same way. I remember thinking when I was 25 years old that my mom was actually pretty smart and could actually be right sometimes. Ha ha
;D

Yes Beth I think I was about that age too, she then became my best friend. I miss her so much all the time but especially when things go wrong and I need a shoulder :D

Lightening the mood slightly:

1393553_10151815369136704_1045937803_n_zps26f5fe93.jpg

No I wont be able to visit. :( I am living my life through her. ;D. She originally was wanting to go to South Africa but this opportunity came instead. She was not disappointed. She wants to see the castles and visit the UK. in her spare time. I pushed both my girls to do their best in school. I lost a good paying job a year after my divorce and never recovered financially so at 51 I am going back to college. Seeing the difficulties I have been through has been a good lesson for them. What we parents wont do for our kids eh?
;D
Tell her to take many pictures and if you don't mind post some. I'm sure all of us would love to see some of Ireland, at least I would for sure!!

Back