Oh the weather

Peripheral

Dedicated Member
Here in the UK, we are being subjected to all kinds of BAD weather, rain, sleet, snow, gales, storms and all manner of things that want to make you stay in bed. On top of that, it is very cold. A guy who lives down the street called Timothy, {funny name for a street, Timothy}, wears a toupee and is known as Timothy Toupee the Terror because his wig is green and he always wears it back to front. This results in the effect that his face is covered in what appears to be a green growth and women run away screaming. Yesterday he ventured out into the gale-force winds, to go to the shop to buy some Compo type wellies in readiness for the snow, and his wig blew off. Must have been because he was eating too many beans. The wig landed on top of a white dog riding a skateboard. The dog's vision was obscured and it inadvertently ran over the toes of a grocery delivery man carrying a tray full of custard cream doughnuts. The doughnuts shot in all directions and one of them landed in the low cut blouse of a 'business' woman who was promptly covered in custard and surrounded by men offering to clean it off for her. In spite of my bad legs I was first in line and got the job of cleaning her cleavage. It turns out that the woman was a Russian agent called Kuman Likkitoff which is exactly what I did. Timothy the Toupee Terror had to spend thousands on a hair transplant, the delivery man had to go to A&E to have his foot put in plaster, the dog had his skateboard confiscated and I was admitted to hospital with a severe case of ecstasy. Does anybody want to buy some slightly soiled windblown custard cream doughnuts?

A Mr Sibshaw will take two off your hands as he is going on a bicycle ride with a young lady he hardly knows and they are having a picnic . In respect of the rest you will have to take a smaller profit than you hoped by selling them on to a well known proprietor ,an Auntie Wainwright, but you will have to be prepared to accept the fact that she will undoubtedly sell them all at a huge profit.

Storm Dennis seems to have hit the South Coast here's Dawlish Beach at present looks very stormy.

View attachment 3195
Here in Virginia it is 55F or 12.7C, the birds are chirping, crows are flapping, and people are running around in shorts and flip flops. So far we've had one very light snow storm, if you blinked you missed it and it all melted by noon.

Been hearing about storms and flooding in the UK lately. Storm Dennis as captain mentioned. Hope you all stay safe.

Article showed a picture of a lost cargo ship being washed up on the shores of Ireland. Oddly enough reminded me of the intro to the Father Ted show.

Last edited:
Been hearing about storms and flooding in the UK lately. Storm Dennis as captain mentioned. Hope you all stay safe.

Article showed a picture of a lost cargo ship being washed up on the shores of Ireland. Oddly enough reminded me of the intro to the Father Ted show.
Oh dear me, I was unaware of the magnitude of Storm Dennis. Hope everyone is staying dry and not dealing with too much water. Best wishes to all and hope that the storm lets up.

It looks a lovely day everywhere in the UK today nipped quickly on the Dawlish Beach Cam and it looks like they are building a sea wall to protect the trainline that runs alongside the beach . Whilst it is important to protect the line its design looks like it will end those iconic journeys when the sea swell hit the existing wall and sprayed up over the train which must have been a great experience if you were travelling on it at the time . I suppose safety must come before " entertainment" .

dawlish.jpg

Dawlish Beach today, they have finished the wall and fencing . I know its for safety but I cant help but think it will detract from the enjoyment of riding on the train on a stormy day .

Screenshot (1).jpg

Dawlish Beach today, they have finished the wall and fencing . I know its for safety but I cant help but think it will detract from the enjoyment of riding on the train on a stormy day .

View attachment 3422
1598108441304.png1598108441304.pngA company I used to work for here in Ireland 'Shay Murtagh Ltd' as it was called then, supplied 150 precast concrete panels for this project. They have a huge precast facility in the tiny village of Raharney, where I come from originally. They have supplied Precast units as far away as Antarctica and Baffin island in northern Canada. Shay Murtagh, now retired was a great friend of my late dad. When Shay still worked and dad was retired, he would call for my dad and bring him off somewhere to look at a job. Of course dad being dad he would go off with not a word to mam, sometimes not returning for two or three days. Needless to say he got a good talking to, Nora Batty style when he got home. She asked him once where the hell he'd been that it took so long - I think he was afraid to tell her he had been somewhere in Scotland o_O

its tipping down in Cumbria and here in the North East but Dawlish Beach today looks really good so aplogies for posting a photo again but hoped it would cheer up those being deluged .

Screenshot (93).png

Hoping the toon beat Chelsea but don't think so but for my sins I'll be listening to the commentary later as I don't have a ticket to go, since the Saudi Sheiks took over the tickets are like gold dust. Will fit in a LOTSW episode at some point maybe a Hobbo episode because him believing he was a spy is as credible as me believing we'll beat Chelsea ;)

Back