Off to Holmfirth

We have stayed at Holme Valley before a few years ago. I think it has expanded a bit since then.
There’s plenty of great Facebook groups for pubs that let you stay in their car park/ adjacent field for free if you buy a meal.
Britstops is another.

The Old Bridge was the only place I could get into for 1 night as there is very little available. I have to say I'm perhaps out of touch with camping but £24 for a pitch in a field without electricity seems rather steep to me!
We stay mainly in the Peak District and now use farm or semi wild campsites and pay £12-15 a night.
A lot of the more serviced sites have gone bonkers with their prices since Brexit but we prefer somewhere we can go as a group and get the fire going at night.
If it has a great view a toilet and a tap we’re happy campers.61DCC606-E23A-4ABA-902E-1D4B6ACEBDEA.jpeg

Barry, may I suggest a heavy duty boron steel combination lock with at least a 4 digit barrel. Members could then PM you for the current code & you would then know who's visiting & hopefully get an up to date photo of the site so that you can keep an eye on it. Not sure how far away you live from there.

Barry, may I suggest a heavy duty boron steel combination lock with at least a 4 digit barrel. Members could then PM you for the current code & you would then know who's visiting & hopefully get an up to date photo of the site so that you can keep an eye on it. Not sure how far away you live from there.
Thanks Graham, that's exactly what I was thinking of clearly the regulars here I know anyway so they could PM me as and when they needed. Also if I used a standard wooden gate it would be easy for walkers to climb over should they wish. Anyone I don't know I'd do a little more due diligence first. It's a pity I can't open it up completely, but the previous owner has advised me against this and I feel it makes sense to stop uninvited vehicular access. I don't want Tom & Mrs Avery on there claiming squatters rights!!!!!

I live over 100 miles away so it's going to be a bit of a logistical challenge sorting the gate but I'll get it sorted it, it may just take a few months to sort.

Hi,

I'm sorry that I've only just seen this thread Maltrab as I've just now arrived in Lincolnshire after a couple of enjoyable nights at the White Horse in Jackson Bridge.

I hope your stay is enjoyable,

Vic

The weather forecast says roasting, so will sit under the trees at the packhorse bridge & watch our dog splashing in the stream. Dont sound too bad does it.?

Back