Of Funerals and Fish

cciaffone

Dedicated Member
Wife is out working the polls, so I watched
The Pilot episode "Of Funerals and Fish." Still
the softest, the saddest, the funny-est of all
the SW episodes. Really wonderful. My
favorite of all the episodes.

My favourite as well. The humour is so gentle. I found Clegg's references to his late wife particularly touching and so in tune with the way that his charactor developed throughout the series.
I am grateful that G.O.L.D. make a habbit of repeating this episode every so often as it never came out on the official DVD's. I could do with them repeating the specials '25 years of LOTSW' and '30 years of LOTSW', now that would be a treat for Christmas.

I've only ever seen it once, and am yet to get a decent copy i can burn to a dvd and watch on my tv. It was an ok episode, but i'll probably need to watch it again.

Someone uploaded all of Series 1 AND The Pilot on thebox.bz.

I just downloaded the pilot, and it's better quality than
the others I have had. Just that pesky little network
logo in the upper-left corner, but all-in-all good
quality recording.

I have always really liked this episode, and has most recently been shown on the Yesterday channel

It is really unfortunate that it was left off the series 1 & 2 DVD when it could have been so easily been added as an extra.

Hopefully either if released on Blu Ray or rereleased on DVD, they may rectify this.

I have always really liked this episode, and has most recently been shown on the Yesterday channel

It is really unfortunate that it was left off the series 1 & 2 DVD when it could have been so easily been added as an extra.

Hopefully either if released on Blu Ray or rereleased on DVD, they may rectify this.

Yes - the only special not to appear alongside the series they were next to, chonologically speaking, on DVD.

The first few DVD sets had no specials, as there were not any until 1978 ....

Yes - the only special not to appear alongside the series they were next to, chonologically speaking, on DVD.

The first few DVD sets had no specials, as there were not any until 1978 ....

when there were 2 in the same year which also happened in '86 and '95

Back