No lettering on Entwistle's Truck

Adrian Morris

Dedicated Member
I was watching the episode 'An Apple a Day' recently and noticed when 'The Lad' drives the truck up to The Feathers pub that there was no 'Entwistle Electrical' writing on the doors of the truck. I looked at the episode before 'Who's that with Barry and Glenda...' and also noticed no lettering. I have not yet watched the following episodes yet to see if the lettering is there or not. Does anyone know if he got a 'new' truck at this time as the number plate is the same as in earlier episodes. In fact I don't think it changes at all unlike the Land Rover's of Wesley's as he had different models.

I have just checked a few episodes around that time (series 26 according to the DVD) and found several episodes where the door lettering is missing, starting at An Apple and going through to Yours Truly. The next episode, which looks like a xmas episode is entitled Variations on the theme of the Widow Winstanley and the lettering is there.
I then went back to Eastern Wisdom and Entwhistle's first appearance and the lettering is definitely there.
The number plates appear to be the same in all episodes....which doesn't necessarily mean anything as they could be "false plates" just for the show.
It looks like on one of the location filming stints either the original vehicle wasn't available, or had undergone a respray and the lettering not replaced for a period. This could explain why the "error" is in several episodes from the same series.
I did notice that in the episodes with no lettering the rear right wheel is a different colour.

The Hilux appeared to have been resprayed around that time. The rust that had appeared around the wheel arches etc had gone and it looked much cleaner thanks to the new paint.

The Hilux appeared to have been resprayed around that time. The rust that had appeared around the wheel arches etc had gone and it looked much cleaner thanks to the new paint.
Maybe Entwistle finally did spend some money on it. I wonder if he replaced the battery?. I also noticed after posting my original comment that the name 'Toyota's was not visible on the rear of the truck.

Adrian, the Toyota name is still there, but it has been painted over with the red paint so you have to look close to see it. :p

Adrian, the Toyota name is still there, but it has been painted over with the red paint so you have to look close to see it. :p
I know that the lettering on the tailgate is stamped or pressed into the metal so it is raised but usually the name is painted in white or some other colour to make it stand out.

Back