New Years Resolution

Pearl

Administrator
Staff member
So its nearly upon us, has anyone made any New Years resolutions?

Mine's been made for me, apparently I'm going to be nicer to him in doors! :39: I've told him if I do that he'll think I'm running loose with someone :39:

I may give dieting a go but I'll need to eat all this here rubbish first :D :hungry::hungry:

I may give dieting a go but I'll need to eat all this here rubbish first :D :hungry::hungry:

Ditto here Pearl. I just put in a cake to bake and trying out homemade chocolate fudge icing!!!!

I will let you know when it is gone.

Seriously, I am going to get back into my walking routine which I have been slacking on the last year and half. I just had my sleep study last night so losing weight may help in this case. I had O2 tubes in my nose and I didn't wake up so tired and drugged from my Melatonin(in the vitamin section to help sleep).

Good luck to everyone with their resolutions. See if we get past the 2 week mark.

I have only a couple of mincemeat cookies left out of all the sweet treats from Christmas. They'll be eaten by the end of the day.

My top priority goals for 2015 are as usual — clean up my nutritional act, get to the gym for a resistance workout three times a week, have a long walk including some hills three times a week and go out on a walking excursion with my camera at least once a week with, possibly, one or more extra photography excursions substituting for the workout walks.

For the rest — make a dent in my myriad long-term projects, perhaps even completing a few of them. The top priority ones are:

- Editing a huge index to an equally huge collection of old newspaper articles for the local historical society;
- Scanning the complete collection of photos from both sides of my family dating back to the invention of the camera, protecting the photos in archival envelopes and compactly filing them in archival boxes in the part of the house where the temperature stays the most even and where there's the least chance of water infiltration, writing captions for the scans and making copies on DVD, CD-ROM or in a printed book or a PDF of the book for family members;
- Weeding my hard-copy book collection and replacing as many as possible of the ones I want to keep with NOOK books.

All of the 'stuff' for those projects is right around me in the corner of the dining room that I use as an office, because if it's out of sight it will be out of mind as well. The kicker is that having it in sight is continually irritating and not conducive to entertaining, supposedly providing motivation to get on with the projects.

The first two projects involve a lot of sitting at the computer, so I'll need the exercise listed in the top priority goals. There's a lot more I could add to the project list, but this probably enough to be going on with for the next year.

Marianna

Marianna,

You have plenty to do, and hope you see some if not all of them thru. The photos on both sides of family seems important to myself, something my cousins and mom are doing now since I don't have possession of them.

I chose not to list any projects like you did, for fear that when they are not done someone will wonder what I've been up to. I will just complete one and start a thread to brag.:16: LOL. I am a procrastinating ,procrastinator. Good luck and Have a wonderful New Year Adam and Eve. LOL I got your chatbox statement.......... took a minute:-[. Thought it was a typo.

My only semi resolution is to put a dent in my probably over 800 unread books on my shelves. Not just by reading but also by not buying more than one book a month for the next year. That will start as soon as I make another trek to the neighbor's estate sale. Her mother had over 3,000 books and I have bought about 25 of them. One more quick glance should do it. I can't resist mysteries that are hardcovers with dust jackets.

By the way, she did have a vhs set (4) of Summer Wine with Blamire. I have all but one and am not sure I want to spend $4.00 for basically one tape. Blamire was not a favorite of mine. His voice was too loud for me.

None that I can think of.

However as I shall be off line while my study is moved down ten feet (to the floor below) so the New Year is a mess of carpentry and relaying wiring so the computer can get hooked up ... there will not be any comments from me for a few days!

No firm resolution , just a thought to change my way of looking at things in 2015. See if I can change my lifestyle etc. :confused: :22:

I have several resolutions, all of which I can basically echo all of the ones listed above. Make copies of family photos, do some serious reading, take some serious walks, focus on a healthy lifestyle, and perhaps even develop a hobby.

None that I can think of.

However as I shall be off line while my study is moved down ten feet (to the floor below) so the New Year is a mess of carpentry and relaying wiring so the computer can get hooked up ... there will not be any comments from me for a few days!

Sounds like you are starting yours tomorrow. Great way to start of the new year, by getting this project completed. See you in 2015 Barmpot.

Just to promise to visit Holmfirth this year. Had a difficult year in 2014 so did not get round to it.

To attempt the impossible and resolve never again to be rude to Pearl.

:respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect:​

Last edited:
:35:
CH38y3l.jpg

:35:

Mine is to watch one no two episodes of LOTSW a day. This one resolution I know I can keep! ;D

Back