New TV Series "The Smoke"

cornishman

Junior Jedi
Staff member
New TV Series "The Smoke"

Briefly, "The Smoke" is a series following (closely) a crew of firefighters in London.
The trailer I saw looked interesting so I gave it a shot. Boy, was I mistaken!

Most of the first few scenes were filmed with what was supposed to be "Helmet-Cams" like you see on some real life scenarios, so everybody was up too close and far too personal :eek:
Their steady-cam seems to have broken, they obviously didn't have to funds to fix it, the camera work made me seasick. Off went the TV..........

Re: New TV Series "The Smoke"

I haven't watched it but to be honest I'm getting fed up with same thing on TV all the time. Everything has the emergency services in and its all the same plot but with different names.

I don't watch the soaps but I read yesterday that 3 of them are planning to kill off a young female and string the plot along for weeks and weeks, I think the only thing that would make that interesting is if it was the same killer and all 3 soaps combined to work out who the serial killer is.

Its in the tv mags whose leaving the soaps and why. Reminds me of being back in the factory. I kept up with the soaps by listening to factory floor gossip!! It came in handy when one of the workers asked me a question about last night soaps. ;) ;) :me:

Cornishman, some US shows do that still camera that is really moving sometimes. I suppose they are trying to give it a "reality feel" , I don't know why. Makes me unable to concentrate because I am trying to get my sea legs going. Maybe there is something psychological about it! :-\

Brenda I know that feeling, when they spin round I feel sick! :eek:

Cornishman, some US shows do that still camera that is really moving sometimes. I suppose they are trying to give it a "reality feel" , I don't know why. Makes me unable to concentrate because I am trying to get my sea legs going. Maybe there is something psychological about it! :-\
Makes me sick too. Our local news stations is just as bad, the camera men move the cameras around when they should be still. I don't know why they think this is special effects :-X

Back