New Still Game

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Watched the first episode of series 8, it seem lacking for some reason, not sure if is a budget issue as the locations ie internals of Jack and Victor's flats were missing and Winston appeared homeless for a few days, I still enjoyed it but it did not appear as polished as before

I enjoyed it immensely but I am a big fan . I wondered about the flats but in the last series the Blocks were demolished and although, because of Winston and Tam's escapade raiding Jack's flat and subsequent accidental disarming of the explosive charge by Winston , Jack, Victor and Isa's Block wasn't demolished in the episode perhaps it was implied it would go .

I liked the twist with Bobby finally managing to achieve a surprise party for Isa . I loved the scenes in the spare room above the Bar when they are all hammered with the stolen drink . I bet you cringed with the shot of Winston's pants drying in front of the fire . I enjoyed Shug getting a bigger role than he had in previous shows perhaps . The flat question might get answered as the series continues I think it is head and shoulders above any of the Beeb's other comedy offerings and the episode reinforced it for me personally .

Assume you saw Thursday's episode seems they are still in the same flats demonstrated when the new Undertaker turned up . I thought the episode was good , whilst the plot was telegraphed its the little one liners that make the show especially those between Navid, Meena and Isa in the shop still think it is way above other Comedy shows on the box at the moment.

I still love the show, but I cannot put my finger on what's different
Yes I agree with you, still very funny but I think the early ones have the edge. I always find that quality sitcoms like this get funnier the more you watch them, you need to get to know the characters properly.

I Like Shug and Chris the postie with their drop in parts, surprised to see Boabby in episodes of Monarch of the Glen,he had a lot more hair back in 2004

Out of interest who do you find the hardest to understand out of all the cast
All of them when I originally started watching it ! There was a lot of words I didn’t understand at first and had to google them eg. messages means shopping, puggy means fruit machine.

All of them when I originally started watching it ! There was a lot of words I didn’t understand at first and had to google them eg. messages means shopping, puggy means fruit machine.

I meant a character than you find hard to understand

I don't have any issues understanding them . I worked with a guy from Glasgow for years , his involuntary assistance helped enormously in the enjoyment of Still Game and Rab C Nesbitt.

Raggy/ John ,

I think Terry is asking if there is one particular character whose accent is difficult to understand , as I said having worked with a guy from Glasgow I have no problem with understanding what any of the characters are saying .

Ok got it, sorry for the confusion. When I first started watching the show I struggled understanding all of them sometimes but I’ve watched it so many times now that I don’t have a problem at all.

Back