New Feature to Website & Forum

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
New Feature to Website & Forum

At the Beginning of October 2013 I am adding a feature to the Website/Forum known as Cloudflare. In most Circumstances you will not notice any real difference other than the fact the site loads even quicker as it is hosted in the Cloud.
Saying this it does offer added security for the site and forum, and forum users may experience the odd security check,I have put the link below which explains how & why a check may take place,one advantage is someone who is not you tries to log into the forum with your user name and there are in a far east country then it will flag a problem and ask for added security information, if a genuine user hits a snag with their IP address and I can think of one member who lives in the Eastern Bloc,we can then add their IP address to a white list and it will allow them through for future visits, I myself could come up against this as sometimes I use a VPN which could put me in several different European countries,so if you happen to get challenged please do not get put off.
As any forum ours can be very active at times and the way Cloudflare works there could be a short delay in your post being visible, this is because when you post it hits the normal UK server,this is uploaded to the Cloud,so what you see could be a minute or so behind the posting.
This service could make my life a lots easier,I have just checked and in the last two hours the has been two false log-in attempts along with ten undesirable registration attempts,this is a typical two hour scenario 24 hours a day,Cloudflare will minimise this.

The Idea is to trail this from October and the good thing is at any time we can revert back,so unless it causes major problems I would like to see how it goes and decide by the end of the year whether to continue.

Link to Cloudflare information http://blog.cloudflare.com/cloudflare-tips-using-cloudflare-for-your-for

Re: New Feature to Website & Forum

Amazing !! thanks for looking after us all so well.

Back