New boy for New Tricks

Sue

Dedicated Member
I just read that Nicholas Lyndhurst is to be in the next series of New Tricks. That could be the saving of it, possibly!

I just read that Nicholas Lyndhurst is to be in the next series of New Tricks. That could be the saving of it, possibly!

Think you're dreaming!

Plots have become thin to none. Dialogue is skinny
to worthless.

Just re-watched the pilot episode. What a difference.

The new writers should be shot.

Now wait just a half a mo. Is this not Del Boy???

Del Boy is gonna replace James Bolam, Alun Armstrong,
and Amanda Redman??? My wife sez Ah Well.

Are You Serious???? End of a great series.

Thank gawd for DVDs and downloads.

Now wait just a half a mo. Is this not Del Boy???

Del Boy is gonna replace James Bolam, Alun Armstrong,
and Amanda Redman??? My wife sez Ah Well.

Are You Serious???? End of a great series.

Thank gawd for DVDs and downloads.
NOT Del boy but Rodney the plonker ;) You got the wrong one Chuck . ;D

Ah. OK. Then was that Del Boy's younger brother??

Never was a big fan of the show, and cannot for a moment
imagine any one of them starring (!!!) on New Tricks.

Where have we gone wrong??

Sorry cciaffone, I think Nick Lyndhurst will be good in this. He has aged a lot since Only Fools and should fit in just great. He is a very talented actor who has rarely been out of work since childhood. If you get the chance, watch the Rock and Chips, series, the prequel to Only Fools. Nick plays Rodney's real father. He is brilliant in it.

Thank you for the link.
Sue I agree he is a great actor but I am worried however that things are changing fast on the show and with only Dennis Waterman being left in it by the end of the next series will it survive?

I wonder who will be in charge?

Its really sad it was such a great programme with some of our great older actors in, its a shame it has to change so much. I think if the whole cast are not happy with the writing then maybe the Beeb should have brought some new writers in instead of letting the cast leave.

There not that many great programmes with our great older actors in and this is the only one with only older actors has the main characters. The Beeb do make me mad sometimes !!

I suppose we can only hope that it will work out, Susan. I will be very sad if it doesn't work out.

Me too sue.

Going back to another what Cciaffone said about " Del Boy" I actually think that David Jason would be very good in New Tricks he did a great job on Frost and lets face he there could be worse choices !

Apparantly David is into something else at the moment. He was great in the Royal Bodyguard,, But as you both say Nick will do well in Tricks. Shame there is going to be a big cast change. Sometimes it is for the better and sometimes for the worse. We have to wait and see. I loved the show.

Apparantly David is into something else at the moment. He was great in the Royal Bodyguard,, But as you both say Nick will do well in Tricks. Shame there is going to be a big cast change. Sometimes it is for the better and sometimes for the worse. We have to wait and see. I loved the show.

With Amanda leaving too there would be room both! :)

Back