New Book

If my research is correct, the writer Richard Skelton ran Ash house B&B on Dunford road & also Summer wine classic car hire, both now defunct. I believe at one point he owned WRH 132J. So if anyone can give any more info I'd like to know if he still has any old photographs of the car.

If my research is correct, the writer Richard Skelton ran Ash house B&B on Dunford road & also Summer wine classic car hire, both now defunct. I believe at one point he owned WRH 132J. So if anyone can give any more info I'd like to know if he still has any old photographs of the car.
I will email him and ask

Many thanks Terry, that would be great.

Had a reply back, Richard never owned it, he tells me about 15 years ago a chap called Mike Smith owned it, he had a business Mike's Carpets, https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/meet-man-behind-mikes-carpets-14331063

Thanks for asking. I believe Mike Smith used to let a girlfriend in Batley use it. It would be nice to find out who 'restored' the car in the early 2000's before it got auctioned at H&H in Buxton. Just trying to fill in some gaps in its history. It had a colour change to red before it appeared SW.

I always wondered what happened to Entwistles red pickup as that is probably as iconic as the Herald, and unlike Wesley's Land Rover I don't think it was changed during the series?

I got my book/magazine on Wednesday. I have flicked through it so far and pleased to say there are many new photographs and a lot of information I have not seen or read anywhere else. Well worth adding to your collection.
Received in good condition.

Glad you are enjoying the book, yes many new photos in the book, good value, my damaged ones were replaced without any problems and better packaged

I always wondered what happened to Entwistles red pickup as that is probably as iconic as the Herald, and unlike Wesley's Land Rover I don't think it was changed during the series?
I can't remember the rego number but I hope it wasn't the same truck as Top Gear tried to destroy a few years ago.

I can't remember the rego number but I hope it wasn't the same truck as Top Gear tried to destroy a few years ago.
It was very similar but not that one! I've checked the DVLA site and it has been untaxed since 2011 and the MOT expired in 2013 so I suspect it's gone to the great scrap yard in the sky.......

Back