Navid / Still Game question

RickAns

Dedicated Member
I had the urge to watch some snippets of Still Game last night and wondered something about this clip. The guys mention that Meena has gone to the Cash n Carry store. Judging by the empty shelves I imagine she went there to get supplies Navid can sell. When Meena returns with the bags Navid grabs an air horn and shouts something outside. A lady customer then comes running up to the store. What is it that Navid shouts at the end of the clip? Thanks.

Wow, now that you said it that it seems crystal clear on playback. Not sure how I missed that. I thought he was saying a product name, like Toblerone but knew that was not right. Don't I feel silly, haha :fp:.

I usually do not have difficulty with how they say things on the show. Just some words or enunciation that throw me. Or they mention something local or slang that I have yet to come across such as Neds.

There is a radio show which Navid [ Sanjeev Kohli ] stars in called Fags , Mags and Bags which he co-writes episodes are on bbc sounds app clearly liked as its series 8 which implies it has been commissioned several times might be worth a listen

That sounds great captain. I am searching for some links to it. Do you have any that one can access via desktop browser instead of phone app?

I like you would have to search Rick I have BBC sounds app on Tablet and phone plus on amazon echo smart speaker via Alexa . I can of course listen on my desktop by going to the BBC sounds site but I think that is only in the UK assume it would not be available to you in the US . Sorry I can't help further

It's a notable day in England all the pubs can open up sadly for Jack and Victor they will have to wait a little longer for the Clansman to open up . It will be interesting to see how Bubbie deals with social distancing and being Covid safe. I am sure he will welcome them all back, guess he's lost a lot of money but surely there will be a free drink for all regulars though perhaps it Tam ! I am sure he will have his own idea how to get a freebie out of Bubbie at worst he'll probably fill his glass from the hand sanitizer , well it is alcohol based.

Back