My daughter will be heading to Ireland!

Beth

Dedicated Member
My daughter just called me and told me she has been accepted to go to Ireland to study with the department of Technology for the Spring semester! She is so excited. I am excited for her and sad. She grew up without permission.
>:( ;D

What is Guinness? ???

A variety of beer called stout or porter, not much seen in USA though I understand Beamish is sold there. But there are in the States quite a few Irish bars. I might have expected Guinness there. It is the biggest beer in Ireland best brewed from the waters of the Liffey. I think last pint of Guinness I had was in Temple Bar.

What is Guinness? ???

A variety of beer called stout or porter, not much seen in USA though I understand Beamish is sold there. But there are in the States quite a few Irish bars. I might have expected Guinness there. It is the biggest beer in Ireland best brewed from the waters of the Liffey. I think last pint of Guinness I had was in Temple Bar.
Oh ok. Since she will be 20 yrs. old, wouldn't it be illegal for her to drink? Here in the states you have to be 21.

Tell your daughter well done, how great this is for her and the legal age is 18 here ;)

What is Guinness? ???

Oh ok. Since she will be 20 yrs. old, wouldn't it be illegal for her to drink? Here in the states you have to be 21.

Eighteen here!

Tell your daughter well done, how great this is for her and the legal age is 18 here ;)
Thanks Susan! I am proud of her to. She made the Dean's list last year and has worked hard. Hopefully she won't visit the bars ..well at least too much. ;) When I was young I wanted to travel and did. She has that same wunderlust.
:)

My daughter is not going To Ireland. :( She told me she was uncomfortable about the group from her school that is going. She just felt uneasy. I understood though she had already sent for her passport and all. She has always wanted to go but I trust her judgement. I am not sure I would be that mature at her age. She can reapply next year though. I am disappointed for selfish reasons. I wanted her to go to Yorkshire and bring me photos and souvenirs. ::)

On the bright side, next year if she reapplies, she will already have her passport! It will be much better for her to go if/when she's good and ready. ::)

Its good she can trust her judgement Beth, rather than be swayed by " what the others are doing" , it shows a developing maturity. :D

Its good she can trust her judgement Beth, rather than be swayed by " what the others are doing" , it shows a developing maturity. :D
Thank you Dick! It makes me feel less anxious about her on her own. I have to say I am proud and teary eyed. I need my glasses
8)

On the bright side, next year if she reapplies, she will already have her passport! It will be much better for her to go if/when she's good and ready. ::)
Thanks Babs! Yes I totally agree!
:)

Back