Music - Stop That Castle

cciaffone

Dedicated Member
OK, so what is the very last music played in Stop That Castle??

Sounds almost (but not quite) like It's a Small World.

But it isn't.

I tried to find both episodes on YOUTUBE. Has everyone else noticed how hopeless the search facility has become there? Could not find either. Will need to go to DVDs. Thought YOUTUBE would be quicker. WRONG.

Nothing on Wikipedia about "Stop That Castle" but for "The Black Widow" there is a Note:
"The concluding theme tune is played in the style of a dance band, consistent with Foggy's predicament in the dance hall at the end of the episode."

Have now reviewed both episodes on DVD. Note that original question is:

OK, so what is the very last music played in Stop That Castle??

Sounds almost (but not quite) like It's a Small World.

But it isn't.

And then:
Same music at the end of The Black Widow!!

Is it from The Great Escape????

The "very last music" in both episodes is, surely, the theme tune. In "Stop That Castle" it is played in march mode, in "The Black Widow" it is to a dance tempo.
In "Stop That Castle" prior to the theme tune there is march music. I thought to check the closing credits. No brass band is named. All we have is "Music Composed and Conducted by Ronnie Hazelhurst". Makes me wonder if it is all not something composed by Ronnie Hazelhurst and played by the studio orchestra.
In "The Black widow" prior to the theme tune there is, of course, dance music. Sue conjectures:

Is it Victor Sylvestor's 'Quick Quick Slow'

But again only Ronnie Hazelhurst gets mentioned in closing credits though it does sound very like Victor Sylvester.

Back