More hot weather.

Peripheral

Dedicated Member
Another two days of hot weather. Has anybody got any ideas on how to keep cool? Yesterday I trapped a lot of flies and strapped little ice cubes to their wings. It was nice and cool for five minutes as the flies flew around till the ice melted then we had a rainstorm as the flies zoomed around depositing their melted ice cubes on my near-naked body. In a very short time, the drops were coming down hot enough to make a fresh pot of tea. So, I am in search of ideas on how to keep cool. Before you mention it, I have tried putting my underpants and shirt in the freezer for 30 minutes but that does border on extremes. Trying to have a pee while wearing very stiff underpants can be somewhat hazardous. Can anyone come up with an idea on how to cope with the heat? Yes, we have a fan on, three of 'em. All they do is circulate the hot air. :01::01::18::eek2::frown2::eek2:

Wear the coolest possible clothes and appreciate it while it is here because one thing is for sure, it won't last!

I think we are also very lucky to have 2 AC units at home,as we live in a timber building with lots of glass our lounge can reach high 40's on a day like today, so we can keep it at a steady 20c indoors, the other AC is in the bedroom keeping it cool overnight.
The way our weather has been getting hotter over the last few years I can see AC becoming the norm in many more homes, the other advantage is you can use them as a heat source in winter months to rapidly heat up a room for very little cost

My wife sez that 40's in Europe and the UK is like
the 90's here in the US. Might that be true? If so, I would
definitely want whole house air over there as I have it here.
This time of year we go to daytime temps in the
high 80's and 90's every day. At night it gets down to the 70's.

My wife sez that 40's in Europe and the UK is like
the 90's here in the US. Might that be true? If so, I would
definitely want whole house air over there as I have it here.
This time of year we go to daytime temps in the
high 80's and 90's every day. At night it gets down to the 70's.
We are having temps of 33C here which is the equivalent to about 91F. When I went to school everything was Fahrenheit. Now it is centigrade. Sizes were in yards feet and inches. Now it is mm, cm, and metres. Weights were in ounces, pounds stones and hundredweights. We used to race in miles, now it is 1500 metres. My school life was a waste of time. :notworthy:

Back