Michael Aldridge/Seymour

Kall

Hi everyone,

Just browsing Last of the Summer Wine, on Wikipedia, I know Wikipedia isn't the most reliable source in the world but read under Seymour character bio there was ALLEGEDLY plans to bring him back but Michael Aldridge passed away before they could do so.

Is there any information on any books ect any further sources that support this at all? Anyone know anything else about it?

Thanks

Now there is an interesting combination of characters - Seymour, Truly, Alvin, Entwhistle, Billy and the rest. :)
In that situation, I think there would almost have to be a split with the characters. I could see Truly, Clegg, and Billy and then sepatately, I could imagine Seymour bossing Tom and Smiler around. Although the groups would still cross paths a bit.

Alan Bell's book confirms they had planned to bring Seymour back in occasional guest appearances (that's why the character is said to be only moving 20 or 30 miles away) but due to his wife's illness they didn't find a way to do that before he passed away in 1994 at 73..

Not to question his children, but I've always wondered why there wasn't a way for his adult children to care for their mother and let him continue on the show, even if for short guest appearances.

Back