Michael Aldrich's former house

Marianna

Dedicated Member

This is from 2019, and who knows how many times it had been redecorated since he and his wife lived there, but it's still possible to see that the house has good bones.

Edit to add another link:

This link has the same photos, but more text specific to Michael Aldrich.

Last edited:
Wow, a 3000 sq ft house with a large garden in Greenwich that house would be worth millions! Thanks again for posting Marianna

That was in mid-November, 2019. Have the London real estate values increased or decreased since then?
Increased, although not as much as the rest of the UK. Since Covid and homeworking increasing numbers have been looking to move to more rural areas and consequently the values in such places the prices have risen significantly more than urban areas. So I'm sure property prices around Summerwine Land will have increased significantly:) Not sure if it's the same story in the US?

... Not sure if it's the same story in the US?
I don't have any idea. The local newspapers are both defunct, and that was where I used to see real estate ads. That at least gave me an idea of local asking prices. I never paid attention to the US as a whole. It's just too big and too diverse to draw general conclusions.

Increased, although not as much as the rest of the UK. Since Covid and homeworking increasing numbers have been looking to move to more rural areas and consequently the values in such places the prices have risen significantly more than urban areas. So I'm sure property prices around Summerwine Land will have increased significantly:) Not sure if it's the same story in the US?
Home prices in the US have gone up quite a lot, but it varies by city and state. On the whole they've increased by 27% since the start of 2020. Where I live they've gone up even more. For example, a comparable house across the street from me just sold for almost twice what my house was probably worth if I'd tried to sell it in late 2019.

Trouble is you are buying certain trouble . Given Seymour's ability for inventing gadgets that never work then the home is likely to be festooned with problematic items throughout the house.
First you need to get into the house. There are only two ways that I know of.
1. Knowing the right codeword and speaking it in the correct tone.
2. Having a window in the pantry you can shove a scruffy person through to let you in the door.

I don't have any idea. The local newspapers are both defunct, and that was where I used to see real estate ads. That at least gave me an idea of local asking prices. I never paid attention to the US as a whole. It's just too big and too diverse to draw general conclusions.
Whenever I watch House Hunters (a show about people looking at three houses and buying one of them) I gasp at the swing in the prices.

I like House Hunters International. The Paris ones are real sticker shock for basically a broom closet.

Back