Masterchef 7/3/12 - LOTSW connections

E

Eli Thingy

Masterchef was on BBC one tonight and they were cooking for comedy stars of the 1970's, naturally there were some LOTSW connections, Lynda Baron (Lily Bless Her in Getting Sam Home), Nicholas Smith (The Vicar in A Short Introduction to Cooper's Rules) were there and also Frank Thornton (Truly), it was great to see so much tv talent on show on modern day tv but i was slightly concerned by how old Frank Thornton is looking now, the episode is on iplayer and the bit about the tv stars is the first 20 mins or so if people want to take a look

Rodney Bewes was in it as well ,shocked to see him last time I saw him on tv he looked really well and was doing a tour of Three Men In A Boat .Frank Thornton is getting on but looks very well as did Vicki Michelle good to see them all makes you realise the class programes and actors we used to watch shame about nowadays.

I thought how well Frank looked, considering his age, but like Chris was shocked at how old Rodney Bewes looked, but I havent seen him in years, and still think he looks like when he was in the likely lads...

Funny how we forget people on screen age just as we do.

I would have loved to have seen Frank Thornton as himself. I have only ever seen him as Capt. Peacock or Truly of the Yard.

Would like to have been there with them as they are a class act .and the food looked rather good