Maggie Ollerenshaw

Peripheral

Dedicated Member
How many episodes of Summer Wine did Maggie Ollerenshaw appear in? Hey, can you answer this question without looking it up?

If you are including the pilot Terry then you are right. ...... The 'pilot', plus 12 episodes of FOTSW and 3 episodes of LOTSW. Total.....16....... She was very good and should have been a regular in LOTSW.

Thanks Peri, yes it did work! I knew there were 12 episodes but didn't know there was a pilot...

I have to admit I've not really watched FOSTW properly, in my experience spin offs are never as good as the original but may watch the series one day.

Give it a viewing Barry. I like LOTSW very much but, to be honest, I prefer FOTSW which is much quieter. It's a pity there were only two series. It is about the young life of the boys and gives their story up to the start of WW two.

Thanks Peri, yes it did work! I knew there were 12 episodes but didn't know there was a pilot...

I have to admit I've not really watched FOSTW properly, in my experience spin offs are never as good as the original but may watch the series one day.
BC, give it a go mate, especially over the winter months where you are indoors more than out.
The first episode of series 2 called "Not thee Missus" cracks me up every time I watch it.
I'm linking you up on daily motion to a fella who has uploaded every episode.
It's really worth a watch, especially if you haven't seen it before/haven't watched it in Donkey's years.
First of the Summer Wine, Pilot Episode - video Dailymotion

I agree, FotSW is a good watch. It did take me a bit to get used to seeing other people playing our favorite characters at a different age. Once past that I really started enjoying it and wish they would have continued the series on longer. Well worth the price of the dvds. Give it another go when you have the chance, Barry. :18:

I'm persuaded, thanks all for the advice! I'll add it to my Christmas viewing and binge watch them all in the month!

I say credit to the younger actors who must have studied the LOTSW characters mannerisms & accents, especially Wally & Foggy.

I get a real kick out of Maggie Ollerenshaw. She is a very physical actress, not afraid to be wrestled with, thrown off a wall or to dope slap two PCs with her handbag AND MAKE IT LOOK GOOD!!! I also believe, to my delight, that she is the ONLY guest actress to climb on a bicycle in the entire series, even if only to ride off into the sunset on a tandem with Smiler. I will have to dig out my FOTSW DVDs and check them out again, now that i know she plays Norman's Mother.

Back