LOTSW Series 1 and 2 box set

J

jrt2345

At the end of the episode, there is no credits, it just skips to the next episode, plus the next episode doesn't have a theme tune. Was this how the episodes were to start with, or is it a fault of PL>YBACK?

Back in 1984, those three episodes were released on a very early BBC video. There was a trend then to adapt the episodes into a continous programme - in other words remove all the credits in between the episodes. The closing titles were therefore redone at the end of the video to include everyone involved in the three episodes.

For some incredibly dopey reason the same 'master' tape if you like was used for the DVD release.

What they ought to do is re-release the DVD boxset so that disc one includes the pilot and the three episodes in question uncut.

But I don't suppose they will.

I agree with you totally. You'd think they would have made the effort to actually release them as full episodes on the first disc, aswell as the pilot, which I have never seen.

Plus if they should re release it, there should be only 2 or 3 discs, as it has been proved with future box sets that you can have 6 episodes on one disc rather than 3!

John :)

There is a precdent for Roy Clarke pilots not being released on DVD,dont think the Open All Hours pilot was released as part of the seri.Think its because they wre both part of separate series

There is a precdent for Roy Clarke pilots not being released on DVD,dont think the Open All Hours pilot was released as part of the seri.Think its because they wre both part of separate series

I believe the Pilot was on the American DVD release

The "Open All Hours" pilot is on the "Seven of One" DVD. I do seem to recall that LOTSW pilot was put on one US release DVD. There was also one with "25 Years of LOTSW" (or could have been the 30 year special). In contrast, the pilot for FOTSW did get put on the Series #1 DVD.

Rumpole was another show where the pilot went out on a totally different DVD set but, of course, the pilot was made by BBC and the regular series episodes by Thames. Another great show the BBC managed to let get away.

Back