LOTSW on Youtube / the Blamire years

manfromoswestry

Dedicated Member
There used to be just about every episode imaginable on Youtube, but now, hardly any. Do you think the BBC put pressure on Youtube to take down the episodes for copyright reasons?

Also, here in the US, there are several episodes from the Blamire years I can't get on DVD -- namely the pilot episode and the last 3 or 4 before Michael Bates left the cast. There is a 4-DVD set that contains some episodes from those years, but not all of them. Does anyone know who I can contact to see if I can get these episodes on DVD?

Hi the pilot isn't included in the box sets unfortunately because was a Playhouse production of one offs with other one offs and as for Youtube they've been disappearing slowly for some time now. We think the BBC have been taking them down has the DVDs are released at a snails pace.

All Blamire episodes EXCEPT the pilot are available on the Region 2 DVD, Last of the Summer Wine, Series #1 & 2.

Check DailyMotion to see if GoodiesGuy's restoration of the pilot is still there.

Marianna

Re; Of Funerals and Fish on Dailymotion

Just checked on DailyMotion. Yes it is still there (the restored version). Just type in 'Of fish and funerals' in the search box and it will bring it up.

Of funerals and fish (pilot)

Opps it should read 'of funerals and fish'. I did type in of fish and funerals and it still found it.

Back