LOTSW Appreciation Society.

You can personally message him on here Onslow just click the envelope on the main toolbar next to your avitar and name you can then select who you send the message to.

Graham.Take a look on YouTube ‘Remembering Summer Wines Bill Owen” posted by Morris Bright. When Bill Owen is being interviewed inside the Pinewood building , behind them , my late wife and mother can be seen with myself drinking champagne. Jeffrey Archer did the auction , before he was sent to prison for perjury. He actually did a great job , and made a lot of money. I bided for Foggys green jacket , but the prices went way above my price range. One lady bid over 20k to be an extra in one of the episodes .Norman Wisdom outshone everybody in his friendliness and antics.

Last edited:
Well I never Graham,what a coincidence. Hope that pocket on the coat is as faded as ever? Sad that Brian Wilde did not attend the event , even though he was no longer a cast member. I’m glad it went to a good home. I remember it was one of the more affordable items , though still beyond my pocket ! Wonder what happened to the hat and stick? There was a photographer at the event, perhaps you could contact Morris Bright who was running it.

That was the only jacket that was auctioned. There were a lot of rich Americans there , mostly in the film industry. No wonder it was so expensive! There were also a lot of actors at the function who were members of the British Comedy Society and not directly associated with Summer Wine. Shirley Eaton springs to mind.

On last weeks Antiques Roadshow they mentioned a show coming up where they were asking for (bbc) props to be brought in to be shown/ valued. The accompanying clips to promote it included LOTSW.

On last weeks Antiques Roadshow they mentioned a show coming up where they were asking for (bbc) props to be brought in to be shown/ valued. The accompanying clips to promote it included LOTSW.
I wonder how many people will bring in cups and saucers and say they were used as props in Sid's Cafe. ;)

Yes absolutely true. I was a member and we used to send postage paid envelopes to Clive each year for the regular mailings. He should still have one or two for me!

In the last year we got a brief news letter and one journal and also a guide to filming sites. I did try contacting him as I had a telephone number as well as his address but got no answer. I have visited him a couple of times in the past as he did not live far from where I worked. He had several TV interests other than SW.

I still have all the copies of the Journal and other material - there was a committee but all seem to have vanished. Lot of interviews with the actors as well as potted guides to each programme.
Hi Barmpot. Could you tell me how many copies of the journal were there in total?
I'm missing No 1-4 & No 20 onwards.
The info in them is quite accurate as they were written at the time & with 'on location' cast interviews.

Back