Looking for Cafe info

WesleyRocks

Dedicated Member
Hey Everyone,
Due to the table and chairs sitting in front of the cafe, I'm having some issues trying to see what type of material that is below the Cafe window.
To me, it looks like painted stonework, however I just can't tell from all the pictures that I have.
I want to make look as authentic as I can, without going broke, but I'm just not sure what is under the window.
I'd love to take a road trip to see it for myself, but there seems to be a big pond between here and there ;D
Thank you for any info, I'll post more progress pictures this weekend.
Darin

I don't think the exterior of the cafe has changed much over the years, except for re-painting.

Looking at the first scene in The Man from Oswestry, I would say the painted wall directly below the window is wood, and the unpainted step directly below that is stone.

It doesn't seem like any stonework is painted, so would ASSUME the painted bits are wood.

What colour are you going to paint it then?

Brown as in the 70s episodes, or white as it later became?

I like the brown myself, though I bet no one agrees...

It looks like stone that has been rendered then painted

I like the brown as well, however the brown will not go with the rest of my kitchen. So, white it is :)

It looks like stone that has been rendered then painted

Thanks Terry, I might have to do a textured wood though, I'll look around at the home center for some fascia stone, but not sure if I'll be able to afford that. I'll check it out.

hello, my wife and myself had a brew outside the cafe this afternoon. As i was sat there i gave the bit under the window a bit of a tap- it's definitely painted wood!

Brown was best especilay weathered by wind ,snow and rain ,you should do the interior as per early days with watered down ketchup dont forget the serving hatch !

Back