Lol or cringe moments

Douglas Enwright

Dedicated Member
Does anyone have a line,or a scene,or a moment that no matter how many times you see it it makes you laugh as if you were watching it for the first time,a line Seymour mentioned in a reply on a bicycle thread made me think there are lots really,he mentioned the line where PC Walsh says to Howard when he is pushing his bike along with Pearl
” Not see you with this one before”
Also from Howard when he’s leaving home because he thinks Eva is moving in with him
”Somethings coming in the morning and it’s not the postman”
And I don’t know the episode but Fifi the poodle is missing and when the trio are laid on the grass bank Compo spots it and says something like
”Someone’s made a right bog up of shearing that sheep”
And of course from the episode where I got my fifteen minutes of fame where the vicious Margaret Thatcher looking wife says about Compo
”There’s a tramp at the door”
There really are too many to mention in this brilliant programme but does anyone have any cringe moments,where a scene just doesn’t work or a line falls flat,I can only think of one for me,I don’t know the name of the episode but I think Cleggy is upstairs writing his memoirs and doesn’t want to come out,and a crowd ends up around his window and for some reason a man is asked to leave and he comes towards camera dressed exactly like Eli and says something like
”It’s only because I’m French”
Thats a one off in 37 years though,I watch at least one episode a day and absolutely love them,I hope you don’t mind me posting and asking this,being new.
Take care everyone,Chuffer x

Chuffer !!!....never ever apologise for posting !!!....that is what makes our site SO SPECIAL......and the more you post.....the more you feel involved....and before you know it you are a registered BARMOT !!!.
The Hobbo "where's the wheel ?..."show me where the wheel is " used to be a trifle cringeworthy [or just plain annoying] for me after a bit.....
A belated welcome mate to a life changing site !!!.....it's a bit like Royston Vasey [The League of Gentlemen"]......you will NEVER LEAVE !!!
Keith from Liverpool.
X!

Chuffer !!!....never ever apologise for posting !!!....that is what makes our site SO SPECIAL......and the more you post.....the more you feel involved....and before you know it you are a registered BARMOT !!!.
The Hobbo "where's the wheel ?..."show me where the wheel is " used to be a trifle cringeworthy [or just plain annoying] for me after a bit.....
A belated welcome mate to a life changing site !!!.....it's a bit like Royston Vasey [The League of Gentlemen"]......you will NEVER LEAVE !!!
Keith from Liverpool.
X!
Thankyou so much Keith x

Keith from Liverpool.
X!
Yes I agree about the wheel thing too MoodyBlue,one of the scenes that always tickles me is in Crums where Nora is getting a lift in Crushers little yellow 2CV or whatever they’re called,she looks at the car and says “ is this all of it .” and Crusher replies in that gormless voice “ it’s all they gave me when I bought it” and later on Crusher stops outside the Butchers to say hello to Compo,with Nora sticking out of the sunroof,that scene every time I watch it I find hilarious,I wish Crusher could have stayed,I read Roy Clark’s book so know about the reasons with his weight loss,and a lot of the jokes around him were related to his size and strength,but he was a great character and you can still be thin and gormless,thanks for the reply Keith I love to hear other people’s views about our brilliant show.
Chuffer x

[QUOTE="Douglas Enwright, post: 242079, member:
”Someone’s made a right bog up of shearing that sheep”

[/QUOTE]
The episode you're looking for is The Odd Dog Man series 6 episode 3.

I like the part in Crums when Auntie is making the tea. "That'll be 10p each", and when Compo wonders what she'll charge for the sugar, she souts "Depends how much you have!" Those lines always make me laugh.
That was great imitation700mb,I love Crums,I mistakenly thought the Crusher car scene that I liked was from that episode,but they were taking the boxes for the outside catering to Dream Acres

YES.

The scene in Guess What Santa's Brought for Nora Then? when Howard is decorating his Christms tree, and Seymour and Compo appear at the window.

So perfectly performed by all.
I can’t think of that scene wstol,even though I’v watched every episode many times,will take a special look out for it next time I watch,thanks

Another funny moment is when Cleggy faces down Aunty and doesn't buy ! She walks away muttering about her powers failing.
Norman turns to Compo and says he feels rotten now !
Aunty says as quick as a flash "How rotten !?
Cleggy walks away with a door nob "Under a £!":08:

The immortal lines "LOOK...IT'S PEARL IN A SUBMARINE".....and "OH THAT'S CRITICAL.......I REMIND HER OF TOM CRUISE"........two wonderful outbursts from the man who ALWAYS thinks " we've really cracked it this time".........and although he never did,still had the verve and lust for life to carry on trying !!!!......OUR HOWARD !.

Back