Lois Laurel

Douglas Enwright

Dedicated Member
Hi,
I read today that Lois Laurel,the daughter of Stan Laurel,visited Holmfirth in 1995 to watch the filming of an episode,and the crew and cast invited her to be an extra,in a scene in the cafe,and the music discreetly changed to the Laurel and Hardy theme tune.
Does anyone know what episode this was please ?

The lives and magic of Laurel and Hardy was on Sky arts again at the weekend I watched lovingly again . His daughter Lois features throughout it is such a great watch . I could watch their films all day every day they are timeless classics . Stan lived in North Shields near me , I have posted the blue plaque and brilliant statue they commissioned for him , not only on a thread about L & H but also on the thread about the lack of a statue of Compo which is still conspicuous by its absence .

I did mention that they believe his idea for the Music Box from the steps that led down to North Shields Fish quay from his home which are both steep and plentiful in number . I may not have mentioned that his father was manager of a local theatre in North Shields sadly long demolished but long remembered and that is thought where Stan Laurel ,the boy , he lived there from the age of 7 to 11 , got his first experiences of the theatre.

theatre stan.jpg

The lives and magic of Laurel and Hardy was on Sky arts again at the weekend I watched lovingly again . His daughter Lois features throughout it is such a great watch . I could watch their films all day every day they are timeless classics . Stan lived in North Shields near me , I have posted the blue plaque and brilliant statue they commissioned for him , not only on a thread about L & H but also on the thread about the lack of a statue of Compo which is still conspicuous by its absence .

I did mention that they believe his idea for the Music Box from the steps that led down to North Shields Fish quay from his home which are both steep and plentiful in number . I may not have mentioned that his father was manager of a local theatre in North Shields sadly long demolished but long remembered and that is thought where Stan Laurel ,the boy , he lived there from the age of 7 to 11 , got his first experiences of the theatre.

View attachment 6002
I couldn’t agree more about them. I know I’ve mentioned this on here before but I spent a great time sat in the L&H museum in Ulverston watching their films. Even after repeat viewings there’s something new every time you watch them.
Helpmates is probably one of my favourites, the end scene cracks me up every time.

Back