Locations: As they are today

2016-05-19 21.42.14.jpg Thought you might like to see this unusual dwelling thats just up the back of the church thats opposite Sid's Cafe. Its nothing to do with LOTSW but as it is so unusual its worth posting. As you can see the red door has number 42 on it which means its a seperate occomadation, all of its own. That must be the narrowest house in the country, if not the world!!

View attachment 1130 Thought you might like to see this unusual dwelling thats just up the back of the church thats opposite Sid's Cafe. Its nothing to do with LOTSW but as it is so unusual its worth posting. As you can see the red door has number 42 on it which means its a seperate occomadation, all of its own. That must be the narrowest house in the country, if not the world!!

Could one of the doors be for the stairs to the dwelling one floor up and the other open straight into the ground floor dwelling?

This is the Alley at the side of Sids Cafe that you see the menrps20160520_120337.jpg walking up or down. Its also where Blamire went for the sales job. The door at middle distance on the right was the entrance where he went for the interview. The Ally is also where he left the van when he gave up the job. There have been other vehicles parked here, Crushers Citreon and Wesleys Landrover.

This is the Alley at the side of Sids Cafe that you see the menView attachment 1132 walking up or down. Its also where Blamire went for the sales job. The door at middle distance on the right was the entrance where he went for the interview. The Ally is also where he left the van when he gave up the job. There have been other vehicles parked here, Crushers Citreon and Wesleys Landrover.

Sorry to burst you bubble with this one Daveg but this was not the spot with Blamire and the Van, the alley runs from Station Road and up to Daisy Lane Books, TerryDLB.jpg

Thanks Marianna and Maltrab for putting me right. I must be thinking of another scene filmed in the alley. At least we can keep each other right, sorry for any confusion. My only excuse is that ive been for a root filling today at the dentist, which always sends me a bit confused.

Re the junction I think I am wrong but to me it looks where Compo and Marina come down that Hill on an armchair having fallen out of Howard's Van in Nowhere Particular where they bump into Truly and Clegg after they had been to reduce his council tax and I think therefore it would be the same spot where they stood with Hywel Bennett in It all began with an old Volvo Headlamp but happy to be informed I am way off the mark :)

Thanks Marianna and Maltrab for putting me right. I must be thinking of another scene filmed in the alley. At least we can keep each other right, sorry for any confusion. My only excuse is that ive been for a root filling today at the dentist, which always sends me a bit confused.

Ouch!

The passage next to the Cafe is where we see the newspaper boy deliver the paper through the letter slot and peek in through the slot before the resident opens the door and clouts him over the head. It's at the beginning of Uncle of the Bride. And, of course, we often see various characters coming into or leaving the courtyard between the Cafe and the church via that route.

Sam's hill when he was wanting his ashes spread, hope there is no motor way there now. Bringing Sam Home. The big hill you can see the foundry smoke stack and the town. At least I hope no motorway is there now. Anybody any idea of this location. Im off tomorrow to Holmfirth and would like to get an up todate image. Let me know if you think you know

Daveg
I think I have found the spot, In fact I could kick myself for not seeing it sooner, the gateway they enter the field is in Hirst Lane a short way down on the unmade road section from Intake lane, once they are in the field and look down the are looking down onto New Mill Church
Terry

Back