Liking the snow falling here!

Well, the weather was so warm here in DC that some people woke up sweating under their winter bedding and some opened their windows. It was about 50F or 10C. Only snow falling was on this page.

Wonder how much money Ladbrokes ,Betfred, Birdy and the other bookies made from people betting on snow falling Christmas day, which of course it did not, be a few people lost their shirts on that but there was some cheer in that saved them returning them as unwanted Christmas gifts to the stores after being gifted them from their clearly colour blind relatives. ;)

Are you being serious captain or just pulling our leg? Saying that people were actually placing bets if it would snow on Christmas? I take it they were specifying it would snow in a certain location. Meaning not inside the Arctic Circle or something. Obviously I am not in the betting scene to know such things, haha.

Deadly serious Rick it has been going on in the UK for years all the bookies will take bets on whether or not it will snow . Just put White Christmas Bet on Google and all the bookies sites come up . The bet is based on whether or not at least a single flake of snow will fall at a given location at some stage on Christmas day. Usually, the location will be a weather centre, or an airport.

Strangely enough William Hill wouldn't take my bet on snow at base station in Antarctica!!!! That's why you'll never see a poor bookie

Snow??? In west Sydney today 119.3F !! thats 48.5c

Things not good on the east coast here at moment with fires ... bit of a nightmare really :(

as u can see on these links.

Last edited:

Things not good on the east coast here at moment with fires ... bit of a nightmare really :(

Our thoughts are with you from the UK, I'm sure you'd give anything for snow or even rain at the moment :44:

Does not look good Bruce although not sure where abouts you are, wish you could have some of the rain we have had, that might put paid to it, so on top of that extreme heat, there is also all that bad air to contend with,take care Bruce

Thanks for the thoughts.. thankfully its 100klms east of me.

But
At least 21 people — 17 from NSW, two from Victoria and two from South Australia — are now known to have died in one of Australia’s most devastating bushfire seasons yet, and there are growing fears the toll could rise with officials in Victoria saying six people were missing in the state.
At least 464 homes have been destroyed on the south coast this year alone.

That had bumped up to total number of buildings caught in the blazes to 2500 since the bushfires began.

Dont really know how you get over losing everything you own or have known for yrs

Back