laughter track.

ferret

Dedicated Member
Just watching Uncle of the Bride that i recorded over Christmas. I much prefer watching the one's without a laughter track. Any thoughts, yay or nay?

I must admit I find them odd without, not that it matters either way, I just suppose with the laughter it reinforces what I and the audience found funny

Not seen this one for a while. There's some great one liners in it. For me it shows how tame it got in the later post Compo episodes. I haven't got any Seymour episodes on DVD so have recorded a few on Gold.

Often, the audience anticipates what's shortly going to happen....... For example, take that episode that was set in Wales, when foggy spends a few days with his platonic girlfriend....... during the episode, where Foggy is being pushed along in his wheelchair, in a loud voice he demands to see the lake....... the audience begins to laugh..... they just KNOW that something interesting is going to happen between foggy and the lake.

Often, the audience anticipates what's shortly going to happen....... For example, take that episode that was set in Wales, when foggy spends a few days with his platonic girlfriend....... during the episode, where Foggy is being pushed along in his wheelchair, in a loud voice he demands to see the lake....... the audience begins to laugh..... they just KNOW that something interesting is going to happen between foggy and the lake.

It is also often the case with a Howard and Marina, as soon as they see the bike they start laughing, the other scene again with Foggy, was Return of the Warrior, Foggy has tried Compo's door with no answer, he then makes a move towards Nora's, the laughter starts,as we all guessed Foggy is going to get some brush

So used to sitcoms with mechanical laugh tracks; it's hard to remember that the laughter on LOTSW from actual people laughing in response to the actual episode.

Just think there is someone whose job it is to press play / pause when the laughter is required... :(
Like American sitcoms, where every scene... theres fake laughter.. bloke walks in "Laughter"... he takes a few steps - Yep... "laughter".. he says "hello" queue the laughter... sits down... "".....
God how sad and pathetic - I just cant watch it... it does my head in!!

I do like genuine laughing from back in the days when there were live studio audiences.. makes it feel genuine, and the laughter of some people sometimes is funnier than the scenes!!!!

Back