Ladders

dick

LOTSW Fanatic
I watched "Watching the Clock"" on T V last night . It struck me how often a ladder figured in the shows. :D Bicycles were another prop that showed up regularly.

My favorite use of the Ladder is in Mending Stuart's Leg. By putting Compo carrying the front end and the other three at the back end (and a little clever editing) they make the ladder look endless.

I also laugh at Foggy coming down because he heard the ladder crack, but he had no qualms in sending Clegg or Compo up the ladder.

I watched "Watching the Clock"" on T V last night . It struck me how often a ladder figured in the shows. :D Bicycles were another prop that showed up regularly.

There is a good one liner there Dick, Howard asks what Cleggy is doing up the tree. Truly or Billy tells him he's trying to see the Tollgate clock. Howard replies "why doesn't he wear a watch like everyone else"

The episode title escapes me for the moment. Howards ladder was bent so he got the unsuspecting Barry to reverse over it to straighten it again.:29:

Back