Knobbly knees

Peripheral

Dedicated Member
Does anyone have a cure for knobbly knees? Can they be cured? Before you answer that question would you mind awfully if I back tracked to the title. I am somewhat concerned about the word knobbly. Should it be spelled with or without a 'k'? Is it knobbly knees, or nobbly knees? The alert ones among you will have observed that the word knees has a 'k' on it. Is that right? That leaves us in a bit of a quandary, is it knobbly knees, nobbly knees, nobbly nees or knobbly nees? Personally, and I am giving my own opinion here, I don't no. ???????.... I don't know. Now why doesn't the word no have a 'w' on it like know. If it did it would be now which indicates the present. The present is of course the here and now and not a gift. A gift is a present when it is wrapped up in fancy paper. Why is there a W on the front of wrapped? Oh deer, ERR oh dear, this is giving me a hedake. I'll take one of my tablets and have a lie down......lay down. Wonderful language the Engish language isn't it?.... Ain't it?.... Is it not?
Last but not least, why knee caps? I was under the impression that caps went on the head and not inserted halfway down your legs:13:.

Knobbly knees are considered a negative in some lights in others they could have you win you first prize in a competition at Butlins . An attractive senior lady wearing elasticated waist trousers to hide her knobbly knees can get the hat trick up by winning the Knobbly knees, Glamorous Grandma and who can get the most spaghetti down the trousers competition [ the purveyors of said Spaghetti would of course be other ladies to protect her modesty] . Oh Matron ! Not sure if Butlins still has that type of entertainment.

Does anyone have a cure for knobbly knees? Can they be cured? Before you answer that question would you mind awfully if I back tracked to the title. I am somewhat concerned about the word knobbly. Should it be spelled with or without a 'k'? Is it knobbly knees, or nobbly knees? The alert ones among you will have observed that the word knees has a 'k' on it. Is that right? That leaves us in a bit of a quandary, is it knobbly knees, nobbly knees, nobbly nees or knobbly nees? Personally, and I am giving my own opinion here, I don't no. ???????.... I don't know. Now why doesn't the word no have a 'w' on it like know. If it did it would be now which indicates the present. The present is of course the here and now and not a gift. A gift is a present when it is wrapped up in fancy paper. Why is there a W on the front of wrapped? Oh deer, ERR oh dear, this is giving me a hedake. I'll take one of my tablets and have a lie down......lay down. Wonderful language the Engish language isn't it?.... Ain't it?.... Is it not?
Last but not least, why knee caps? I was under the impression that caps went on the head and not inserted halfway down your legs:13:.

Well, they call Yorkshire God's own county, but I think he was experimenting with caps and decided on kneecaps for everyone but flat caps for northerners.

My knobbly knees once won a bottle of fizz in a disco on Ilkley Moor. I wasn't wearing my cap and didn't catch me death, I know my knees weren't "K" legged but they couldn't find their way home and when I Iook back they might have been my sea legs but because some one had turned out the light I could not see.

Last edited:
Back