Just thought I'd share

WesleyRocks

Dedicated Member
Hello all,
We had a riding weekend this past weekend, it is where we get together with family and friends, go out in the woods, take our ATVs, follow trails, see wildlife, get dirty, and get stuck sometimes. It is something we like to do to get us away from the city and get our minds off work and such. I get to hang out and do something with my wife and kids as a family that we all love. They are growing up (13 and 10) and starting to do their own things with their friends and I want to do stuff with them before they are off and gone. ATV Riding is something I have done since I was a child, raced around with them a bit as a 20 something(had a few accidents), and now have returned to the slower paced trail riding. Some folks don't like it due to its danger factor and I know all about that too well, but I was brought up to go fast and I'm teaching my kids the dangers of that lifestyle. We ride slow :)

I wasn't sure if it a big thing across the pond or not.

Here is a link to one of our videos, if the link doesn't work just type in darin iscrupe in youtube. If you go this route there is a video on there that is in a different language, not sure how it got there?????? I'm the one on the big red one getting stuck most of the time.
There are other videos on there too, my 10yr old son is the videographer, hopefully you don't get motion sickness :D
I got an action camera for Christmas and hope to try it out this weekend and post some more videos straight from my helmet. :respect:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMSMW8x0XI4

Thanks,
Darin

Me too Susan! I love the woods. I admire you all having that family bond and all enjoying the same activities! They say that a family that plays together, sticks together. You and your wife are great parents. :respect:

Thank you Beth,
You guys are welcome anytime, wife said we can ride and then come to the café for some hot tea afterwards !!!

I'd like to get one of those to teach my nieces' how to drive. They both are learning and I want my car to stay safe! LOL Looks like fun! :D

Thank you Beth,
You guys are welcome anytime, wife said we can ride and then come to the café for some hot tea afterwards !!!
I'll talk to Marina, since she is just down the road :D and we'll fly down together this weekend. It is too cold up here!! Sorry for the short notice. ;D ;D

If I win the lottery this week I'll fly over pick you both up and well all go down/round/up/over?? ( Not sure on the geography) Together.
I'll bring the tea and scones. ;D.

If I win the lottery this week I'll fly over pick you both up and well all go down/round/up/over?? ( Not sure on the geography) Together.
I'll bring the tea and scones. ;D.
That's great! Wesley, do we need to bring some chairs? :D :D :D

No worries, come on over/down.
However, it is 28f/-2c here this morning, so I'm not sure how much warmer you might get :D
Then when you get wed and muddy on top of that it gets a little brisk!!!
I know, Florida is supposed to be nice and warm, we are more like south Georgia. :)

Hey Darin,

I just watched the Missing Bus of Mrs. Avery. Have you seen this episode? Clegg, Tom, Billy, Truly, and Smiler all go ATV riding. It was a bit much for Clegg, though.

I don't know how popular ATV riding is in England, but there is a scene where Orla is riding in Ireland in Ballykissangel.

Hey Darin,

I just watched the Missing Bus of Mrs. Avery. Have you seen this episode? Clegg, Tom, Billy, Truly, and Smiler all go ATV riding. It was a bit much for Clegg, though.

I don't know how popular ATV riding is in England, but there is a scene where Orla is riding in Ireland in Ballykissangel.

I have not seen that episode!! However this evening I shall start looking for it. It sounds very interesting,can't wait.
We are about to head out again in a few minutes, just got a new "action cam" for Christmas. I'll post some more videos, hopefully this evening, from the riders perspective. :respect:

Hey Darin,

I have not seen that episode!! However this evening I shall start looking for it. It sounds very interesting,can't wait.
We are about to head out again in a few minutes, just got a new "action cam" for Christmas. I'll post some more videos, hopefully this evening, from the riders perspective. :respect:

It is only a few small scenes of them ATVing. And they rented the ATVs from where else? Auntie Wainwright's!

Hey Darin,

It is only a few small scenes of them ATVing. And they rented the ATVs from where else? Auntie Wainwright's!

I looked it up on youtube and it is available to watch, going to set myself up to watch it tomorrow.
Thank you for the information, can't wait to watch it.

Back