Just a simple Hello.

Peripheral

Dedicated Member
Hi, I'm back again, hoping to see some messages even if it is just a simple Hello. That could mean so much to some people. I see that no one has guessed the name of your cat yet Malc. Can you post a photo of him? I worry about saying too much but I could talk for England. I'll be back if you want me. I will try and find my Summer Wine photos. :17:
Peri.

I've been to a Coffee Morning in the community room of the complex where I live. However it broke up early because most of the group had some other place to be. I'm now waiting in for a parcel to be delivered by HERPES (WHOOPS I mean HERMES.):08::fp:

i cant find my cat quiz question , sorry if it wasnt allowed i was just trying to get members more involved in the site , lovely day here anyway im gonna sit out with my cat again have a guinness or two ,

I do like the sound of a Guinness :21:. When I finally make it over there... enjoying a Guinness or a pint of the local stuff while looking over the Holmfirth valley is on my list of to do's. :18:

i cant find my cat quiz question , sorry if it wasnt allowed i was just trying to get members more involved in the site , lovely day here anyway im gonna sit out with my cat again have a guinness or two ,
Hey Malc, I can't find your cat question either. To the powers that be, it is a straightforward question, nothing rude or derogatory in it. Manwinoame has a cat that has the same name as a royal personage. The cat is older than the person with the same name. Is such a question not in keeping with the rules? It is nothing more than a bit of harmless fun. Has the question been removed?
Peri.

Hey Malc, I can't find your cat question either. To the powers that be, it is a straightforward question, nothing rude or derogatory in it. Manwinoame has a cat that has the same name as a royal personage. The cat is older than the person with the same name. Is such a question not in keeping with the rules? It is nothing more than a bit of harmless fun. Has the question been removed?
Peri.
I asked a question a couple of hours ago. Would someone be gracious enough to PLEASE give me an answer?

I am so sorry that my mail has dried up. As you can see from my last two messages there seems to have been a gross misunderstanding. I do hope that this can be quickly sorted.
Peri.

I am adding my answer again re cat name I thought it would be linked to Guinness and as you hinted the Royals so my guess was Arthur . Mr A Guinness invented said drink and of course King Arthur liked a tipple even built a round table so his mates could join him after a long day jousting.

Found my Holmfirth pics Rick. The first one is of Bill Owens headstone. The second is a view from Compos grave looking down the valley into Holmfirth.

Attachments

• Compo. Headstone.jpg
    Compo. Headstone.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Compo. Holmfirth view.jpg
    Compo. Holmfirth view.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 13
What can you see in the picture? It is a little mouse. I was going to tell you all about him but I thought I might be accused of delving into the world of politics. Why? .... I called him Winston.
01_winking_80x80.jpg

Attachments

• Mouse 13.jpg
    Mouse 13.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 11
I have spent the day thinking it was Sunday. It's true, I really thought it was Sunday. Is this the start of ALI whatsit complaint? You know what I mean, it's like when you go to the toilet and forget what you've gone for. On the way back to the living room you get a wet reminder then you call a builder to tell him your roof is leaking. Believe me, it's not the roof that's sprung a leak.

I am so sorry that my mail has dried up. As you can see from my last two messages there seems to have been a gross misunderstanding. I do hope that this can be quickly sorted.
Peri.
How do you misunderstand a gross ?...……………...It's 144 of something.:08:

Uh, oh Dick. Hope you do not have the same parcel carrier as the guys in Still Game. Can't recall the episode but basically one of the guys is waiting by the door for a Birthday package. The carrier not wanting to lug a bunch of packages about and has already filled out the Sorry We Missed You slip. All joking aside, I hope it comes in soon for you.

I got it the same night, they got an angry email from me because I hadn't been out so they made him try again on his way back to the depot .It still finished up with a neighbour ! :eyesroll:

Back