Johnny Leeze

Sorry for off topic tangent here, I've heard reference to kids doing this while watching Dr. Who. Especially when the Daleks and other nasties came on screen. So, this was actually a thing? Kids did this?

I ask because doing this never occurred to me. Our couches were either up against a wall or had a large roll-top desk behind it that my dad used. So, no chance to duck behind the couch or any other furniture :(. Would have been nice during a few creepy episodes of The Twilight Zone or The Outer Limits.

Believe the reference I first heard it from years ago was on the extremely funny British sitcom Coupling. One of the main characters, Steve, mentioned hiding behind sofa as a kid and Dr Who.
I love the off tangent stuff RickAns,it’s fascinating,I used to do it too,but not to Dr Who,to the cybernauts in the Avengers mostly.

Somebody is missing from this list. He played Doggy Barnes who was Thumpy Dubb champion along with Compo. He made two shorter appearances in two other episodes. Who was he and which episodes did he appear in? :eyesroll:....

Somebody is missing from this list. He played Doggy Barnes who was Thumpy Dubb champion along with Compo. He made two shorter appearances in two other episodes. Who was he and which episodes did he appear in? :eyesroll:....

Danny James. He was also the farmer with the dog that went for Compo in 'From Wellies To Wet Suit'

Good catch on Leeze, I didn't even notice it was the same actor.

The one I've noted before is Frances Cox. She was the widow Annie in "Flower Power Cut," Jessie in "Happy Anniversary Gough and Jessie," and finally appeared as one of the church outing ladies interested in Clegg in "The Suit that Turned Left" twenty years after her first appearance. You could argue its the same character the latter two times though.

There is a long list of actors who appeared twice playing different characters.

Did you mean Annie Aubrey, the late Billy Aubrey's wife, who Compo, Clegg and Blamire bought the motorbike and sidecar from? I think that was Northern Flying Circus.

Danny James. He was also the farmer with the dog that went for Compo in 'From Wellies To Wet Suit'
Very impressed with your knowledge Roger,and that of everyone else too,so Danny James appeared three times,not far behind Johnny Leeze,what was the third occasion please Peripheral ?

captain yet again I had to go to my phone and google that name,I’m afraid I can’t place him,what role did he play in LOTSW ? I also consider myself a Dad’s Army fan but can’t place him in that either,what roles did he play in that please ?
Suh a wealth of knowledge on this site about all things I love.

rather than type here's the entries from IMDB episode and part

Is There Honey Still for Tea? (1975) ... The man with the door
Put That Light Out! (1970) ... the Lighthouse Keeper
A Stripe for Frazer (1969) ... Policeman
Command Decision (1968) ... the Soldier

As you can see very minor roles and these are repeated in many many shows for example Henry the gatekeeper in Hi De Hi but you may remember him as Ronnie of Ronnie and Mildred fame from One Foot in the Grave

Jim Bowen was asked if he'd seen father Christmas in another episode, Howard was mixed in with loads of them running around Holmfirth.
I didn’t realise Jim Bowen had been in a second time Graham,I just remember him throwing them,or just Foggy,out of the library,if it’s the episode I’m thinking of he asks this really stern librarian at the top of the stairs about him teaching self defence classes,her scene was only 30 seconds but I thought she made a real impact and would loved to have seen more of her,on the same subject I always thought I would liked to have seen more of downbeat Bradley (it looks like a salmonella place-referring to Sid’s cafe from the outside) and also Mark Curry playing the UFO nerd Kevin.

Hey Chuffer, have a word with our very own Terry, Maltrab. He's 's been in three episodes of SW. I can't remember which they were but I'm sure he he will tell you if you ask him.

That’s impressive Peri,to be able to speak to someone who has actually been in an episode is unreal,before I joined I read a thread where you yourself were in one of the most iconic scenes,eyeballing Foggy in his jungle gear getting off the bus outside the White Horse,what an amazing thing to be able to say,to not only see Foggy in real life,but in such a memorable scene and to be filmed and in the episode too,I had no idea Terry had been in too,let alone three times,I would love to know which and what the experience was like,thankyou for the reply Peri,I hope your wife is well and resting and you are ok too x

Hello Chuffer. You post a lot of interesting mail which always raise lots chat.
My wife is back to normal thanks Douglas. When I say normal I mean normal as in her condition before she had her fall. She is still, like me, very disabled. Neither of us are capable of walking. My main pastime each day is emailing but that has dropped such a lot since the covid restrictions were lifted. If ever you fancy a natter we can arrange that by making private contact

Hello Chuffer. You post a lot of interesting mail which always raise lots chat.
My wife is back to normal thanks Douglas. When I say normal I mean normal as in her condition before she had her fall. She is still, like me, very disabled. Neither of us are capable of walking. My main pastime each day is emailing but that has dropped such a lot since the covid restrictions were lifted. If ever you fancy a natter we can arrange that by making private contact
Thanks so much Peri,take care x

I concur with EVERYTHING Peri has said Chuffer.....
Your fantastic posts and insightful photos have been a real breath of fresh air to our wonderful site !!!.
You have really stimulated conversations between our Summerwine family members !!!.
You ae an absolute credit to our worldwide extended family....[and you have SUPERB MUSICAL TASTE !!!!].
All my love and respect,
Keith.
x!

Did you mean Annie Aubrey, the late Billy Aubrey's wife, who Compo, Clegg and Blamire bought the motorbike and sidecar from? I think that was Northern Flying Circus.

No, that Annie was played by Marjorie Sudell. "Flower Power Cut" has the trio going to the funeral of a friend. While viewing his body at the house, his wife Annie comes in and while smoking a cigarette talks to them about how she had told her husband he was dying because she'd seen it all before.

IMDB is a good resource for this general subject. It has cast listing for all the episodes, and you can also look up the actors full career listings and see how many times and as who they appeared in a given show.

No, that Annie was played by Marjorie Sudell. "Flower Power Cut" has the trio going to the funeral of a friend. While viewing his body at the house, his wife Annie comes in and while smoking a cigarette talks to them about how she had told her husband he was dying because she'd seen it all before.

IMDB is a good resource for this general subject. It has cast listing for all the episodes, and you can also look up the actors full career listings and see how many times and as who they appeared in a given show.

I do apologise. I just looked on IMDB and you are quite correct.

I concur with EVERYTHING Peri has said Chuffer.....
Your fantastic posts and insightful photos have been a real breath of fresh air to our wonderful site !!!.
You have really stimulated conversations between our Summerwine family members !!!.
You ae an absolute credit to our worldwide extended family....[and you have SUPERB MUSICAL TASTE !!!!].
All my love and respect,
Keith.
x!
Thank you so much MoodyBlue that means so much,I meant to post the same,what fabulous taste we share in music and tv,I’m off up the summer wine hills tomorrow with a couple of posts in mind x

Back