jap cars top reliability chart again! Good old reliable Honda on top again!

lotswfan72

Dedicated Member
Reaction score
What car new reliability chart out again and slates mercedes as being unreliable yet again. usual suspects at the top Honda , toyota and lexus with jap car filling the top 10! does my head in because in the past a mercedes was the best and now due to cutting costs they are now one of the worst! comes to something when skoda is always beating mercedes! one neighbour one side has a n reg honda which they have had for years which never let them down and the other side has a 56 fiat which is always got the bonnet up!

I have found these so-called consumers reports to consistently recommend products that always turn out to be lemons. I wouldn't pay any attention to what any "do-gooder" know it all has to say. Besides, Honda makes some of the ugliest cars on the road. You wouldn't buy one if you had to watch yourself in it, they are sight pollution. :eek:

My problem with cars is that the classic ones I like, are older and thus need more servicing, have poor mpg but look superb inside with all the walnut, dials and leather .....

same as my motor cycles, the ones I like best are those that you spend half your time dismantling and the other half putting back together. I had a great Velocette Venom but also had a Honda which stood in when the Velocette did not start which was virtually three days out of four!

Well, after over 40-odd years of probably nigh-on a hundred or so cars and bikes, of all makes and sizes, i can well understand the Japanese cars coming out on top.
Ok, in the 60's and 70's, they certainly had a reputation for rotting before your eyes (Datsun 120?), although the engines and gearboxes seemed to be very reliable, it was just the bodywork and chassis that turned to dust around the engine.
I never have really got on with Fords, same way as i was never really a fan of BSA bikes, although i did have the odd Bantam and a 350 B31 but i didn't like the twins at all, i was more a Norton/Triumph fan back then, with a smattering of Jap bikes along the way.
These days, i ride a 2008 Triumph Thruxton 900, although the new models are really built around Japanese technology, the Triumph name is not much more than a brand name, in reality, i'm probably riding a Kawasaki 900 twin, seeing as they provided the technology and tooling for manufacturing the engines, most of the cycle parts are made in Taiwan!
The car i bought a few months back, is a 1995 Mazda MX5 soft-top, loosely based around the Lotus Elan two-seater, of the 60's/70's, I've always fancied one, so i though i would get one while i can still get in and out of the beggar.
The bottom line, for me anyway, is that the Jap cars and bikes are very reliable and the engines are pretty much bullet proof.
I think the report also states that second-hand BMW cars are the most problematic.

G ; )

Kinda interesting here ... we have two (countem 2) 97 Hondas
(1 civic and 1 accord) still doing great. May go on forever.

But my fave is our 72 Midget, which could die at any moment.

Weird how these things work

Japanese cars are reliable and the best survey is in Which magazine this is members with no journos or manufacturers telling lies.By the way have you all seen the daft Vauxhall Corsa advert when they drive round with flares being shown from the carrs,how long before stupid idiots do this in public.

Back
Top Bottom