It pays to complain... if you like crisps.

Roger

Dedicated Member
A few weeks ago I bought a six bag multi-bag of Golden Wonder crisps. When I opened the outer bag I realised that one of the individual bags had been caught in the crimp of the outer bag, causing it to split, with some of the crisps ending up on the floor. It was only one bag, the other five bags were fine, but I decided to make a complaint via their website. This morning a parcel arrived containing twelve bags of crisps and a letter to thank me for bringing the matter to their attention and to apologise. It was a nice surprise.

Attachments

• PB020008.JPG
    PB020008.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 6
A few weeks ago I bought a six bag multi-bag of Golden Wonder crisps. When I opened the outer bag I realised that one of the individual bags had been caught in the crimp of the outer bag, causing it to split, with some of the crisps ending up on the floor. It was only one bag, the other five bags were fine, but I decided to make a complaint via their website. This morning a parcel arrived containing twelve bags of crisps and a letter to thank me for bringing the matter to their attention and to apologise. It was a nice surprise.
I complained to Kellogs about not having Fruit in my Fruit & Fibre. They sent me £4 worth of vouchers.

I cut my lip on a Ryvita crispbread they sent me £8 in vouchers . Fenwick's in Newcastle sent me a voucher for their instore Mason and Rye Coffee shop after I complained about a cheese scone that had no cheese . I asked if the baker was either a bad shot and missed the mixing bowl or had developed an allergy to cheese . I suggested that if they wanted to potentially attract stars of the big and small screen to the coffee shop like Wallace and Gromit they need to ensure there is plenty of cheese in the scones . :)

If I decide something warrants a complaint I am never nasty. I always try to make light of it and inject some humour . The one I am most proud of was Barclays . When they moved to these all in one machines , my only branch in Newcastle [they closed two branches] for months on average had fifty percent out of action which led to huge queues and frustration .

I contacted central complaints team explained that having shut two branches they need to assure Customers of the integrity of these replacement devices . After an apologetic speech from the agent they said for my trouble they would put £50 in my account . I said not to bother but if they could please donate it to my local charity Caring Hands [ who offer meals to the elderly who might otherwise struggle , have get togethers for them , do their washing and other tasks they might struggle with ] I would be delighted . True to their word they did which pleased me so much and they fixed the faults with the machines and the odd time I go the the bank they were all working.

I once long ago got a £40 voucher from KP NUTS,. I was munching away on a pack when something hard surprised me. I sent away to KP and made a complaint.They asked for the pack and the offending "nut" . They sent it to their lab for tests . It appeared that I had chomped on a bone from "a nine banded armadillo " which had got into the processing. As I say this was long ago. I was just pleased to get the voucher but it was a long while before I bought more peanuts.:confused2::eyesroll:

I complained to BT when they accidentally cut a telecommunications cable under the road, I was without internet or phoneline for a fortnight which caused great inconvenience and expense for my business. The 'generously' gave me about a £4 credit on my line rental after escalating it to management. Now I'll avoid this company like the plague even if I have to pay more elsewhere.....

Back