It is FREEZING here!

howardandmarina

Dedicated Member
So the coldest night of the year tonight and this will be warm compared to next week! It is 8F(-13C) and should be 0F(-17C) by dawn. Next Tuesday a low of -17F(-27C) Um, I think I need to fly to Florida immediately. Everyone stay safe and warm!!!!!!! 8)

Cold here also in TENN. 13F. That arctic wind is bad. Suppose to get down to 4F Tues. Where in Ohio are you HowardandMarina? I was born in the Cincinnati area. Planning to move back when I retire in about a year or so. I don't think I can handle it.

If familiar in Cincy suburbs, born in Wilmington, lived in Fairfield, West Chester, and Lebanon. Mom lives near Goshen now. That sounds like a small Catholic college. Small world isn't it.

If familiar in Cincy suburbs, born in Wilmington, lived in Fairfield, West Chester, and Lebanon. Mom lives near Goshen now. That sounds like a small Catholic college. Small world isn't it.

I vaguely know of West Chester and Lebanon. Mount St. Joseph is a small Catholic college in the Western Suburbs, not too far off the river and somewhat close to Indiana.

It will be -37F or -19C tonight. There is a lake I can look out to on my patio door. It has frozen and there are a few misplaced ducks that are sitting on top of the lake. I have been trying to transfer a picture of it to here because it looks so funny. I am afraid that their backside will be "glued" to the ice.

I put plastic up on my windows, but I forgot to lower the blinds first. Now the window is nice and sealed but no privacy. ha ha I am not redoing; I fell twice onto the bed trying to reach the top of the window. Life can be tough when your short. ;)

Yes! That includes the windchill factor. -17F without the windchill. After we get the 8-10 inches of snow which will slow down sometime around midnight, the temperature will start dropping and the wind will pick up. They have already canceled schools tomorrow. Even businesses are closing. :eek:

There are about 5 to 6 members that are in the same blizzard conditions I am in, I believe. Let me know how you are all doing. I am worried I will lose my electricity. The wires outside are thick with ice.
:(
They have even excused us from work tomorrow. Thank goodness. There is always a bright side. :)

What is going on over there? I have an aunt and uncle that live in North Carolina. It seems they always have such beautiful weather except for the hurricanes and flooding.... :me:

Actually, I would love to retire over there. I honestly always enjoyed the people and the weather when we visited. :)

Oh it's cold here, but not so cold as 37 below! It might get
down as low as +9F over night, but then it will warm up into
the 30's or 40's. Within a few days, prolly be back into
the 50's.

Our only real weather problem here in central NC is the
middle of Summer when temps can get up close to 100
and nights don't cool off. But by September we settle
down a bit and all is well.

It will only be artic for a two or three days according to the weatherman. I hope they are right. What made it so bad is that we are having this huge snowstorm with it. It's been a crazy winter.

I was born in the Cincinnati area.

I have my Bachelors from the College of Mount St. Joseph!
I feel bad Codfanglers. I had forgotten you had lived just a state away. :-[

When I was a teenager I was visiting my aunt and uncle in western Pennsylvania and one day they decided that I needed to visit the Midwest. So we went to lovely nearby Youngstown, Ohio.
Are you in the line of this blizzard?

Back