It Appears to Be Working

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
The Move seems complete and I thank you all for your Patience,Please let me know if you come across any problems,I know a few of the pictures need updating and are not showing up at the moment,I will deal with those in the next 24 hours

There should be no real speed issues and you can post to your hearts content, I would like to say a Big thank you to Tony (Cornishman) for all his help to move and upgrade the forum,we have also made a mirror site so should the main site crash and be down for any period of time,the mirror site will still work though could be out of date by 24-36 hours as it is a manual process to move the database every 24 hours, the mirror site should only be used if the main site crashed for more than a hour or so,so please do not post on the mirror site under normal circumstances as once the main site is up the post will be lost, the mirror site can be found here www.summerwine.info and of course looks the same,except for postings after a certain time

Terry

I like the new forum. A bit of colour makes it look alive. Everything is working. Thanks.........................

Only thing is .... in the old forum (I think??) when I clicked a
thread, it took me to the latest posts on the thread, as in if
there were 2 pages, it took me to page 2 (the latest). Now it
takes me to the first or earliest set of posts. And then I
have to click the link to the latest posts.

(You'll pardon me of course. I only wrote technical books for
IBM for 35 years and I don't have the correct jargon down.)

That could be a setting somewhere,give me a while and I will try Jiggling it

I thought that had started happening on the old forum. However, I just clicked to go to the very long "Jokes Bad or otherwise" thread and got taken to page 197, the latest.

Which is neat because it was London Transport 197 bus running from Caterham Valley to Norwood Depot I used to get as a nipper whenever I went anywhere on the bus from Whyteleafe where I was born

I thought that had started happening on the old forum. However, I just clicked to go to the very long "Jokes Bad or otherwise" thread and got taken to page 197, the latest.

Which is neat because it was London Transport 197 bus running from Caterham Valley to Norwood Depot I used to get as a nipper whenever I went anywhere on the bus from Whyteleafe where I was born

Having wandered a bit I now realise that if I go to the "Jokes bad or otherwise" thread by clicking on a link on the "Recent Posts" page I get taken to page 197 (latest) on the thread. If, in contrast i go via the Home page Index route I get taken to page 1 of the thread.

To read all about the famous London Transport Bus #197 route, go to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Buses_route_197

Firstly thanks to Terry for all the hard work and the move!

I think I need my sun glasses here!

And as an aside to Big U - Whyteleafe in Surrey. I recall having a school chum one of whom's uncles (I think but we are talking over 50 years ago) who lived there and worked in a printers, not actually sure if he owned it!

Was that green LT territory, I think?

Firstly thanks to Terry for all the hard work and the move!

I think I need my sun glasses here!

And as an aside to Big U - Whyteleafe in Surrey. I recall having a school chum one of whom's uncles (I think but we are talking over 50 years ago) who lived there and worked in a printers, not actually sure if he owned it!

Was that green LT territory, I think?

No, the 197 was red. I think there was a Green Line came through but that is not what you mean. Green LT territory was not far away, up the hill in Warlingham. The Chelsham LT Garage was Green buses.

Switching to railway, Whyteleafe had three stations effectively. Back then they were Whyteleafe, Lower Warlingham, both on the Caterham branch line and Upper Warlingham on the East Grinstead line. I was born in Station Road which serves Upper Warlingham Station.

Lower Warlingham statio has been renamed Whyteleafe South which is far more logical.

Yeah! We are all together again. PBS brought back LOTSW. I am going to celebrate with a cup of tea. I feel very European right now. 8)

Thank you Terry and Tony, you've gone a great job. I hate change and it takes me ages to get used to new things but I'm going to master it if kills me :D
I just need to find everything, so I'm going to wonder about a bit. ;D ;D

Back