It’s a bit windy

Hope everyone is ok? High winds here in Cheshire last night with plenty of trees falling, 4 roads out of our village blocked early this morning. We had snow at 2am but that has melted. A few miles up the road in the Peaks there’s still plenty though. Stay safe.View attachment 4496View attachment 4497
Sorry to hear about all your problems.Ferret .We are ok here in South Norfolk at the moment.
Take Care

Our village on the east scottish coast took quite a pounding. Only just got the power back on. We lost power, phone, broadband and mobile signal. My house has lost six roof tiles.
Other than that we hope you are safe Roger, us barmpots will form a search and rescue team to find your missing tiles

Here in Lincs near Skegness there was a thin dusting of snow and it was very windy yesterday. No trees down near us but part of the plastic fascia at one end of the roof came loose.

We are currently OK here in Grantham. We had a lot of high winds and rain yesterday with extremely cold tempretures last night. Not so cold today, but we still have high winds. Luckily no disruption to travel or utility services so far, but we are prepared just in case.

Keep safe and well everyone.

I feel for those people who are stuck for the third day in the Tanhill Inn up in the Yorkshire Dales but there are far more challenging places to be snowed in . I wonder how it works, are they on a three day bender , assume the pub has enough food for everyone , I can't imagine what the bar bill is . Its the lock in to end all lock ins . Can you imagine if Cleggy, Foggy and Marina were amongst those locked in there and Howard and Compo were locked out .

Update
Sky News had a Zoom session with the owner apparently 50 people are there went Friday to see an Oasis tribute band so presumably they are still there . They have held quizzes and Karaoke [all bets off on the Liam Gallagher character winning] . Landlady is hoping that the Highways will get a snow plough through today [unless someone in the pub has a mate at the Depot and gets him to sabotage it] . Landlady says there's plenty of food except they ran out of breakfast sausages so they all had to make do with Bacon Butties [oh the hardship!] .

Last edited:
Well, our phone landline is down today, but internet and electricity are still OK. I rang the service line on the mobile, but they are shut until tomorrow.

Back