Inconsistencies

Elmc

Dedicated Member
How about this? In one episode, I think where Nora and Ivy meet at Nora's to discuss what to do about Compo's flirtatious ways, Nora says she never touches sugar, then in a later episode she is scooping it like no tomorrow into her cup at the Caff.

Any others?

Watching Defeat of the Stoneworm the trio are walking in the street discussing stoneworm. In the next scene they are in the cafe and Cleggy announces that Howard has discovered stoneworm

Watching Defeat of the Stoneworm the trio are walking in the street discussing stoneworm. In the next scene they are in the cafe and Cleggy announces that Howard has discovered stoneworm

that one always confuses me as well george, its the only negative out of that episode for me

that one always confuses me as well george, its the only negative out of that episode for me

Could it be that stoneworm is just generally discussed then in the Cafe Cleggy gets to the point by announcing that Howard discovered it

okay, I got it. While walking thru the town, Foggy says, "What do you mean Howard's discovered stoneworm?" Clegg replies, "It's a long story." Then they are distracted by the mouse-chasing haberdasher. Next scene in the Caff, Clegg says, "Howard is spreading the word that we have stoneworm." So, I guess not too out of sync. Whaddya think?

okay, I got it. While walking thru the town, Foggy says, "What do you mean Howard's discovered stoneworm?" Clegg replies, "It's a long story." Then they are distracted by the mouse-chasing haberdasher. Next scene in the Caff, Clegg says, "Howard is spreading the word that we have stoneworm." So, I guess not too out of sync. Whaddya think?

I'll go along with that. Sounds good to me.

May I first say that regardless of what we find, I take great delight in watching this series and don't give a hoot about what they got wrong. That being said . . . . I would like to bring up the subject of Clegg's heirloom. In Spring Fever he tells Cyril that it came to him when he died. ( his father of course ). a railroad watch ~ steel thing that. However, in First of The Summer Wine Clegg had pots of paint on his bicycle. Was he an LNER man or a painter?

May I first say that regardless of what we find, I take great delight in watching this series and don't give a hoot about what they got wrong. That being said . . . . I would like to bring up the subject of Clegg's heirloom. In Spring Fever he tells Cyril that it came to him when he died. ( his father of course ). a railroad watch ~ steel thing that. However, in First of The Summer Wine Clegg had pots of paint on his bicycle. Was he an LNER man or a painter?

Is it stated anywhere that Mr. Clegg snr had ALWAYS been a painter/decorator? Maybe he HAD worked on the railways, but then left and became a painter?

In the episode where Howard breaks his leg, he is challenged to jump over what appears to be a low stone wall. Several others walk up to the wall and peer over to the other side; and apparently fail to notice that there is a considerable drop and a henhouse on the other side. Howard takes a running start and proceeds to jump over the wall. He falls on top of the henhouse, breaking his leg. The thing is, is that mere seconds after Howard jumps, everybody runs over and peers at Howard who is lying amid the wreckage of a henhouse. The chickens are pecking very calmly. Such calm chickens that are not bothered by someone suddenly falling on top of their henhouse.

Yes, Adanor, and even Howard had a chance to see the drop during his false start. Wrong foot he said.

Back