In the water

Norm

Dedicated Member
One of my favourite episodes is "In the service of humanity" when Cleggy and Compo both end up in the river looking for a body !! and then at the end Foggy and Cleggy get soaked again after the ladder they are standing on swings them both into the water. I wonder how many other episodes included a soaking !! ?

Oh, gosh .. . . yes and mostly Compo. How about looking for the ' Georgian Silver ' with Seymour. btw, somebody tell me, please, if you can . . . when they are in the Laundromat waiting for Compo's clothes to wash and dry, they start with a scene of some ladies peering over at them, but why the choice of music? I Heard It Through The Grapevine.

Ah Yes and there is the one when Compo and Cleggy are drilling a hole in the ground on that contraption Seymour made looking for oil and hit a water pipe. :) :)

Oh, gosh .. . . yes and mostly Compo. How about looking for the ' Georgian Silver ' with Seymour. btw, somebody tell me, please, if you can . . . when they are in the Laundromat waiting for Compo's clothes to wash and dry, they start with a scene of some ladies peering over at them, but why the choice of music? I Heard It Through The Grapevine.

I Heard It Through The Grapevine was used in a Levi's 501 advert based in a laundrette.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q56M5OZS1A8

It was a take off of a American TV shown in the UK advert I think for Levi Jeans, a athletic young man takes of his Jeans to wash them in a Laundromat while young ladies looked on, here is the advert on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT4DR_ae_4o

Ellen is right about it being mostly Compo who gets wet, look at Wheelies and then The Heavily Reinforced Bottom for instance.

No one was dunked or splashed; but there was a lot of interaction with water in Funerals and Fish. Catching the fish and putting it in a jar, Blamire accidently sipping from the jar, and then the release of the fish. Later on the threesome poled down the river on a raft. All very nice.

In "Who Made A Bit of a Splash in Wales Then?" Clegg and Compo both end up in the pond at the end trying to chase down Foggy's wheelchair.

In "Getting on Sidney's Wire" Foggy ends up splashing in the current while looking for things of interest for the local river board.

I liked the episode Earnshaw Strikes Again in which the wall bursts open and sprays Foggy.

"Good one Earnshaw!!"

I am trying to remember if any of 'the ladies' ever got wet. I can't think of any instances.

Back