In the Soup

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
For some years we have struggled to find a decent soup, we used to love Heinz, but in the last few years no matter what the contents were, they all seemed to have the same acidic liquid base, and it was getting harder to find much actual content in them, we tried other brands including Campbell's and although the liquid was less acidic the solid content was sparse.
Recently we have bought Crosse and Blackwell, £1 a tin in the supermarkets, what a pleasant change, rich with taste and content, and a wide range available.

I noticed the same too and they give me terrible indigestion! Bit pricier but I recommend Baxters Soup, my favorite is Cullen Skink which is basically smoked haddock & potato !

Home made soups are by far the best but a lot of the Supermarkets have Covent Garden soup in the chiller and they are often on offer well worth checking out as all natural ingredients no E numbers you get in some tinned varieties.

I think I made this observation a while ago ( "last year maybe " ) No matter which soup you have , there always seem to be diced carrots in the bottom of the can ? :08:

I'd highly recommend investing in a soup maker, they're soooooo easy, just chuck in some stock and whatever meat/veg you want. Turn on and sit back it does the rest.... Great way to use up the remnants of the fridge before they go off.

Peri , though I cannot remember the last time I was Tom and Dick through supping to much alcohol I vaguely remember that just before making that call on the big white telephone there was this feeling of the blood rushing to my head so every chance ;)

Peri , though I cannot remember the last time I was Tom and Dick through supping to much alcohol I vaguely remember that just before making that call on the big white telephone there was this feeling of the blood rushing to my head so every chance ;)
There is a shaying that binking dreer is an aqua err akw err haqwired tASte b, but ass YOu kanshee I av as Yet nOT acqq-quIREd it, ....VICtoriA,, wHeRsh thAt bol...BocklE... HIC. :13: I haM STILL a teEssstoaTLer. :confused2:

Back