IF

George

Super Moderator
If Summer Wine was being made for the first time now,who do you think would play the trio?

Off the top of my head i cant really think about the full trio but Stephen Fry would be an excellent Seymour. I'll have a proper think about this one George, great question.

Off the top of my head i cant really think about the full trio but Stephen Fry would be an excellent Seymour. I'll have a proper think about this one George, great question.
I think Stephen Fry would be perfect as Seymour.Yes I can really see that.

I would say Rodney Bewes(clegg) Stephen Fry(Blamire,foggy,Seymour) and Phil Daniels(doing a non cockney accent) as Compo.

Yeah he really would.

I also think Harry Hill would make a really good, if a bit mental, Wesley Pegden.

What an excellent question, this needs some pondering.

i think james bolam could play a decent clegg, how about sir ian mckellen as foggy/seymour, need to think more about compo but how about roy chubby brown as sid? I can think of plenty of people who could play foggy/seymour,the likes of henry blofeld from Test match special would be excellent as his voice is funny even when he's been serious.

Tim healy, there you go i've thought about it for a bit and he's a scruffy looking little actor who could be compo.

I couldn`t sleep last night so instead of counting sheep I tried to think of a whole new cast with today`s actors.. I came up with ....

Foggy-John Cleese as suggested earlier by Icr
Clegg-Rodney Bewes
Compo-Phil Daniels

Nora Batty- Caroline Quentin

Wally Batty-Christopher Fairbank.

Wesley- Harry Hill
Edie- Betty Driver

Sid- Jimmy Nail

Then I must have fell asleep or come to my senses! the ages are all over the place, and this is why I am not a casting director :-X ;D

Perhaps we should use the cast of First of the Summer Wine as they are all about twenty eyars older now!

TONY HAYGARTH (WHERE THE HEART IS) WOULD MAKE A GOOD COMPO AND HIS ON SCREEN WIFE PAM FERRIS WOULD DO A GRAND JOB WORKING IN THE CAFE AS IVY.

Back