If you were Collecting for the future....Today

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
We have all seen these Antique shows on TV and I have often spotted things that I had in the 60's/70's that are now worth money,so if you were starting off today what would you collect that might be worth money in the future,I am referring to average day to day stuff,not supercars that we cannot afford,items that you can buy for a few pounds or $$$'s

One idea that came to me was Mobile phone accessories like cases, wait until the model is almost end of range (Maybe 6 weeks old in most cases) and buy the stuff really cheap,or even the mobile itself,keep it brand new boxed,would it be collectable in 30-50 years time ?

I am really sad about growing up and getting rid of me Match Box Cars and the Corgi ones. They are worth a fortune now.. but you didn't think so then did we. But I still collect key chains. These days that is all I collect except for fridge magnets and key chains. Oh yes and old comedy dvd's.

I wish I had saved the one I got from Coka Cola it took me ages to collect the tickets ;D

I know people also who collected Matchboxes and cigarette packets. A friend of mine owns the first Beano comic. That must be worth a fortune. Of course there are collectors of telephone cards. People collect anything.

Back