Idea for a possible new TV programme

wstol

Dedicated Member
In recent years, programmes have been made about the real life of comedians/comedy actors and the TV series they starred in.

We've seen modern actors playing people Hancock, Steptoe and Son, Tommy Cooper, Frankie Howerd and Kenneth Williams - making the famous programmes and films they appeared in.

Over Christmas will be a new one. It is about the making of Dad's Army - so actors will be playing the original cast and the writers too.

It's worth noting the actors look more like the original characters than the film stars in the forthcoming movie. That's the movie business for you.

Now some of the recent programmes described above have been inaccurate and muck-raking. But they didn't need to be.

How would you feel about a TV movie showing the making of Last of the Summer Wine throughout it's history?

My vision begins with Peter Sallis being interviewed or auditioned for the part of Clegg, wearing his old demob suit. It would then feature Bill Owen and Michael Bates having that massive argument.

It would show Brian Wilde coming and going from this series. It would also show Bill Owen filming his last scenes.

Such a show would probably have to miss a few details too. These programmes only last up to about two hours - so I'm sure all the various departures of all the actors couldn't all be included - it wouldn't make good viewing really.

But there's certainly a story to be told here, and I don't think there is too much scandal or muck-raking to reveal.

Funnily enough I saw a clip of this last night, it actually looked good so I may watch it, let's face it there'll be nothing else on, the characters did look pretty authentic.

I think if they did one about SW I'd view it has I did Dr Who when I was little, half way behind the sofa with a cushion over my head.

I shall be watching the Dad's Army programme, and enjoyed last years about the origins of Dr. Who, so would definitely vote for one on SW. Now we can all speculate on the cast, not forgetting the writer and director.

The new Dad's Army movie has an expected release date now of February 5th 2016 , it appears to be quite a considerable time since they were in Production .

Back