I see Royal Mail Has

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Been messing with letter size and weights again,so post a letter the weighs 100 grams and it cost you 60p,if it weighs 105 grams then it automatically goes into the large letter format (Even though it fits through the letter sized slot at the Post Office) and then cost you £1.20p

Also they now have a small parcel and large parcel rate,where before it was letter,large letter and Parcel, they seem to be finding new ways of squeezing even more money from folk who have less to spend

Like everything else Terry, "Oh dear we are not generating enough business ,we must put up prices!" They dont realise its self defeating and folk are going to use it less cos' of the cost!! >:( >:(

Its going knacker eBay, I stopped selling on there after the last price rise I will stop buying on there too now.

My daughter and son in law used to do a fair bit on Ebay but not any more, people are grumbling about the cost of postage. :eek:

Like everything else Terry, "Oh dear we are not generating enough business ,we must put up prices!" They dont realise its self defeating and folk are going to use it less cos' of the cost!! >:( >:(

I remember my old neighbour telling me once that she carried a letter about for a week because she could not afford to buy a penny stamp. Are we coming back to this?

Yes Sue I think we are, I just need to find a way to email presents and RM can get lost for me.

Yes Sue I think we are, I just need to find a way to email presents and RM can get lost for me.

I suppose in a way you can do this,email vouchers to people from companies like Amazon,they choose what to spend it on and often it is delivered free

I usually do for the adults and older children, I email Amazon voucher which only cost the Price of the voucher but for younger children and my 13 year old Downs cousin I still send presents has they don't understand vouchers.

I was in the post office a while back and mentioned that I pay my car tax on line, he said " That's whats making PO's go out of business" I said "it's more likely the cues and the prices that are doing that" I didn't mention that no one liked him or his staff has they are ignorant and unhelpful! Since they closed all the other PO's around here there's is the only one open for miles and have no competition to keep them motivated to keeping customers happy!! I usually chose to use the one closest to my dad when I visit him which is 7 miles away but at least he's pleasant.

I usually do for the adults and older children, I email Amazon voucher which only cost the Price of the voucher but for younger children and my 13 year old Downs cousin I still send presents has they don't understand vouchers.

I was in the post office a while back and mentioned that I pay my car tax on line, he said " That's whats making PO's go out of business" I said "it's more likely the cues and the prices that are doing that" I didn't mention that no one liked him or his staff has they are ignorant and unhelpful! Since they closed all the other PO's around here there's is the only one open for miles and have no competition to keep them motivated to keeping customers happy!! I usually chose to use the one closest to my dad when I visit him which is 7 miles away but at least he's pleasant.

He should take the car tax issue up with the DoT and not the customers,I bet he has bought items online. When I was in Yorkshire the 2 local post offices were the same,made it look as if they were doing you a favour,I found one in Oxenhope (Now Closed) that could not do enough for you,so I was happy to go the extra couple of miles to give them the business

Thats the thing Terry if theres no compation they know they don't have care!! It makes all the differance, a smile and a friendly word. I used to work in the service industry and was alwas friendly with the customers it made my day better and they always came back thus keeping me in a job.

Back