I Noticed this..................

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
In the episode "The Changing face of Rural Blamire" the Trio go into a pub around 25 minutes into the episode, if you look at the stairs behind Compo,are these not the same stairs in the later (27.5 Minutes) scene when Blamire in trying again for work in the hotel,so have they just moved the scenery around

I would have to agree Terry, it also looks like the same distance from the staircase to the opening on the right, just different accessories. Good eye!!

Interestingly enough they use a similar set in the pilot Of Funerals and Fish, and Series One episode Hail Smiling Morn or Thereabouts.

That particular pub in the early years was a stage set, not a real one. Later on they either filmed in actual pubs in the area or reproduced them accurately, apparently.

The pubs in the early episodes were horrible places all they needed was sawdust on the floor ,only when the White Horse came into the series did pubs improve.I can remember going into grotty boozers with dirty tables and overflowing ashtrays not very good incentives to stay thank goodness its different now.

The pubs in the early episodes were horrible places all they needed was sawdust on the floor ,only when the White Horse came into the series did pubs improve.I can remember going into grotty boozers with dirty tables and overflowing ashtrays not very good incentives to stay thank goodness its different now.

Was the horribleness authentic for the pubs in Holmforth at that time?

Marianna

Many of the pubs were so; the reason you went in was the beer. No food, no TV just ale! First addition I recall was Space Invaders machine in the Garden Gate in Hunslet. Wonderful Edwardian tiled facade and interior.

Apparently still there.

http://www.hunslet.org/Pubs_and_clubs_(1).html#Garden Gate

Back