I just received an inappropriate message that said "Someone likes you". I am very worried about this

D

Daycentredweller

I live alone and I don't want strange admirers. And I can't even work out how to log off.

What maltrab said, Dot. I believe I clicked 'like' on one of your posts if I remember right. Sorry if it has caused any stress, certainly was not meant to.

We use it as a way to say 'Hi, I agree with your post and like what you said' kind of thing. I tend to do that when new posters come in and introduce themselves. I press the Like button on their introductory message. Want them to feel that their posts have been seen and appreciated. To be welcome to the forum and to feel free to continue posting and be active in the community.

I think there is a way to see who 'liked' your posts and if you see my name in there I assure you the intent was not nefarious. :)

Cheers,
Rick

Hello. Welcome to the forum, if you need any help you can private message me. Just click on my profile and click where it says " start a conversation " and I'll help navigate round the place. :17:

It said something about a trophy. Sorry for raising the alarm!

Dont worry spot I am a little overwhelmed as well I have never used a forum either. I used to have a pen pal in 1995 with a chap named Carl from Milton Keynes and I thought this would be a little like that but faster but there is a lot of buttons to get used to!

Well that is good, glad things got sorted out.

There is a neat little awards alert system on the forums for when you pass certain milestones. For instance, every so many posts you make (ie 10, 100, 1000) or the likes your posts may get. We might be a little bit of barmpots here at times but we try not to scare people away. :D

If you have any questions the members here are very helpful.

That' Ok. Just remember no one knows where you live, it can be overwhelming if you need help just shout out we're a friendly lots and anyone here will help either of you out. If you want to private message me or anyother admin we'll be happy to help.

Back