Howard and Pearl

minxie

Dedicated Member
Hi Lovelies,
It's time to buy another dvd me thinks, and I fancy seeing when Pearl and Howard first appeared, and I know some of you will know which series they appear in without hesitation

Thanks in advance.
I am off on a two week cruise in a fortnights time and I don't know how I will cope without a dose of LOSW for that long, as I don't want any mobiles of computers anywhere near me in my chill time.

So a new dvd to come home to will be perfect especially as him indoors is off to london to work for a while, I can indulge guilty pleasure ;D

It's time to buy another dvd me thinks, and I fancy seeing when Pearl and Howard first appeared, and I know some of you will know which series they appear in without hesitation

"Catching Digby's Donkey", Series #8, 1985.

Hi Lovelies,

Thanks in advance.
I am off on a two week cruise in a fortnights time and I don't know how I will cope without a dose of LOSW for that long, as I don't want any mobiles of computers anywhere near me in my chill time.

So a new dvd to come home to will be perfect especially as him indoors is off to london to work for a while, I can indulge guilty pleasure ;D

Have a nice cruise Min. :)

leaving Southampton and travelling round the med, we are on the Princess Grand, sooo looking forward to it now.
Thanks for that I will hunt for series 8

what a twit I am, I have series 7 & 8 already,just had a look at my small stash. I looked at the front cover on line and recognised it.

Can anyone recommend which series I should get next, as my coming home treat!!

I bought them all in order, from the first up to the present. I couldn't chose which to recommend. I love them all.

Next in line would be the first Seymour series, Series #9, plus Uncle of the Bride, Merry Christmas, Father Christmas and Big Day at Dream Acre (3 Specials). That is what I call the con DVD - they label it Series 9 & 10 but it does not have what is recognised by all the literature as Series #10. £8.99 from Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Last-Summer-Wine-Series-DVD/dp/B0013U4RSC/ref=pd_sim_d_h__6

Or jump to the real nostalgia DVD, Series 21 & 22 DVD: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Last-Of-The...KZV0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334671863&sr=8-1
containing what we know as Series 20 and 21 (includes Compo's funeral) plus the great Special, Last Post and Pigeon. £10.79 from Amazon.

And if you are on Grand Princess, Cruise A229, do you need a couple to help form a team for the twice daily Trivia quizzes?

Next in line would be the first Seymour series, Series #9, plus Uncle of the Bride, Merry Christmas, Father Christmas and Big Day at Dream Acre (3 Specials). That is what I call the con DVD - they label it Series 9 & 10 but it does not have what is recognised by all the literature as Series #10. £8.99 from Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Last-Summer-Wine-Series-DVD/dp/B0013U4RSC/ref=pd_sim_d_h__6

Or jump to the real nostalgia DVD, Series 21 & 22 DVD: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Last-Of-The...KZV0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334671863&sr=8-1
containing what we know as Series 20 and 21 (includes Compo's funeral) plus the great Special, Last Post and Pigeon. £10.79 from Amazon.

And if you are on Grand Princess, Cruise A229, do you need a couple to help form a team for the twice daily Trivia quizzes?

i agree with unc, try series 9 and 10 next or 21 and 22 next, if uve already got both of them also go 4 series 13 & 14 cause the first series on tht set is a very gud series

Thanks guys n gals,

Re: Cruise
I have no idea about the A229, but I board on the 21st, are you too!!
I am not into quizzes, I'm afraid, good luck with it though!!!

wow small world, I am so looking forward to it, it's my first cruise I will be the one with the biggest smile on my face

I've had a week off this week and already driven a few hundred miles. So many roads around my patch I've never had chance to cover. I'm a bit zonked now, I think I'll have a day off driving tomorrow! I drove to Rhossili in the gower today and if I'd wanted to park the car it would have cost £3.00. £3.00!! I nearly fell out of my car! I did a 7 point turn (narrow road) drove back to the Mumbles and had an okay cup of coffee in Verdi's. £3.00. Ye Gods.

You lucky people going off on a cruise enjoy yourselves ,I will think of you while I am at Lowestoft fot that weekend .

wow small world, I am so looking forward to it, it's my first cruise I will be the one with the biggest smile on my face

First cruise - I am sure you will enjoy! I have lost track of our number but it must be around double figures. It will be our third time on Grand Princess.

Take a good look at my mug Big Unc and if you see me say hello,

I will try to look out for you but the mug shots on this site are a wee bit small. I could get into a lot of trouble wandering up to the loveliest ladies and asking, "Are you Minxie?". But then, we direct descendants of Robin Hood, we thrive on danger!

Back