How do you watch yours????

Barrychuckle

Administrator
Staff member
I'd be interested to learn how people watch the series, I watched the entire series from start to finish and it took me over a year with work commitments etc. I didn't find it ideal as I could watch 3 episodes in a day then the next 3 weeks later. I generally now watch the later episodes in random order, but still end up watching them when they are on TV.

Do people generally watch all the episodes methodically in order, or a series at a time or just randomly dipping into episodes they choose from the entire series?

I'd be interested to learn how people watch the series, I watched the entire series from start to finish and it took me over a year with work commitments etc. I didn't find it ideal as I could watch 3 episodes in a day then the next 3 weeks later. I generally now watch the later episodes in random order, but still end up watching them when they are on TV.

Do people generally watch all the episodes methodically in order, or a series at a time or just randomly dipping into episodes they choose from the entire series?

We've been watching on Drama channel who are now into the second run of it, but we've also bought the DVD boxset.

I watch one episode each evening to start relaxing. Since I'm extremely methodical, I view the episodes strictly in the order in which they were broadcast.
Are you ultra methodical and even watch the specials in the order they were broadcast too? The reason I ask is the DVD set I have doesn't show them in they order they were broadcast.

Are you ultra methodical and even watch the specials in the order they were broadcast too? The reason I ask is the DVD set I have doesn't show them in they order they were broadcast.
Certainly! To the point at which I copied the DVDs to my computer, then used video converter software to convert to a format that could be stored on and viewed from USB drives. Before copying to the USBs, I arranged the episodes in order as broadcast, divided into files by date of introduction of each new third man. As you can see from the photo of the back of my bedroom TV set, I'm currently watching LOTSW. Each of the USB drive cases hanging next to the port holds two drives. The one on top of the stack hanging next to the USB port holds LOTSW and FOTSW. When I've finished the LOTSW drive, I'll put it in its slot in the top case and move it to the back of the stack. Next up is Open All Hours and Still Open All Hours, then Dad's Army, with Up Pompeii last. Then I'll start over with FOTSW.

Yes, this borders on OCD, but it increases my viewing pleasure exponentially.

Attachments

• Video storage.jpg
    Video storage.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 17
I drink beer while I watch LOTSW, usually one pint per episode. I try to limit myself to two or three episodes per evening but sometimes I can get through an entire DVD. :18:
When the snow is ankle deep, so can't walk outside, I sometimes walk on my treadmill while watching. That can be hazardous, though, when a laugh catches me unawares, making me weak in the knees.

I usually only watch TV late at night during and after dinner. At the moment I'm watching all the episodes of Time Team on Amazon (again) and after that may do another run of LOTSW since I haven't watched it since last spring. I usually watch it all from start to finish but at night I can watch sometimes several episodes before I go to bed. Still, almost 300 episodes takes at least two or three months. And I have to admit I'm not always focused on the screen when watching TV at night as I usually have my I-pad with me in case I want to look up something or things like that as my mood takes me.

Generally, if I am going through them myself, I would watch them in bed. I generally go through them from start to finish in DVD order, one episode each night with the odd exception here and there if I just want a change for a particular night, or if I have recorded something else that day that I want to see. It usually works out at about 3 or 4 episodes each week with that method. It also works out about 2, or even three years between sessions as I would also do the same with our other DVD box sets that we have. Otherwise Mum, Dad and I get the odd random episode here and there as part of our teatime viewing.

Last edited:
Forget your whale noises...forget camomile tea [Howard's preferred tipple when he feels inadequate !!]..forget Prozac and all the new age "alternative medicine".
Dr.Keith from Liverpool recommends large daily doses of our favourite show !!!.
I am a docker,not a doctor by the way!!...and all the stresses and strains of working in such a dangerous and mad environment just melt away....as soon as I hear Mr.Hazelhurst's first bars !!!...
My wife is now a massive fan [she had no choice to be honest],and quite simply,I could not imagine my life without my daily "fix".
x!

CAPTAIN !!!...leaning Spanish ???......from a Scouser to a Geordie...we have to learn English first before we try any of that exotic foreign stuff !!!.
If some of our fellow "Summerwiners" heard us two they would need a translation book !!!!.

Too true Moodyblue , Northumberland has a totally different accent they roll their R's and sound like they are trying to cough up flem . I once got lost driving through Bedlington stopped to ask directions from a couple of blokes who had just come out of the Boozer didn't understand a word , I said thanks and just kept looking myself . Thought it would be a nice idea to learn a few phrases for my once, but no longer at present, frequent post retirement trips to various parts of Spain but the basic online lessons frankly put me off . What use is it knowing that my duck doesn't drink water but it does drink milk , no good if you are trying to order Paella and chips :)!!

CAPTAIN.....I CAN PICTURE THE SCENE.......you......in your "howay the lads"Newcastle United speedos.....sipping your sangria.......you would be like "Julio Geordio" from Harry Enfield and chums !!!......
x!

Love Julio Geordio , Paul Whitehouse is a very clever guy , far more astute the Harry Enfield . I would go as far as to say he carried Harry to success . There are ten of us who go regularly mostly Malaga and Alicante but also Valencia and Seville . We really fancy San Sebastian but travel is a bit awkward . We have been to quite a few games over there while we have been on Holiday we seem to own quite a lot of Spanish team strips help us blend in with the crowd . We are a tad mature for speedos and somewhat plumper than your average speedo wearer , well you don't want to scare off the locals do you . :)

Many thanks to WETA UK, a public channel that runs lots of Brit Wit and MPT, a public channel both of which run LOTSW. Not into DVDs or any of those other initials.

Also on WETA UK, they have Brit Wit foreign TV shows night on Tuesdays. These are foreign TV shows (with subtitles) that are enjoyed by British audiences. Very interesting.

Back